16mm Oil Pump - billet type

I have one of the German made billet oil pumps in a drawer waiting to be fitted to the T3 but have noticed that HMB have stopped selling them due to ‘quality issues’.
Does anyone have any experience with these pumps or know what the issues are ?
I’d rather not fit it if it is going to wreck the engine.

Cheers

Stuart

I suppose the best thing is to send HMB an e mail and ask the question, i found him to be very helpful.
I fitted a 16mm oil pump from a v11 to my 1979 850 le mans and it works just fine, if you decide to go down this route, make sure you get the sprocket that goes with the pump as it has a different offset to your standard 14mm pump sprocket.
The sprockets look the same but the one that goes with the later 16mm pump has a large number 30 stamped in it (As shown below).

Thanks for the reply. I contacted HMB and got this response :

“we do not use them anymore because some were badly made, jamming when mounted.”

I guess this would be either because the spindle holes where not exactly parallel or the rear face was machined too close to the gears causing interference when bolted up.
Whatever the issue, I guess the bin is the best place for the billet pump and I’ll get a real one.

Cheers

Stuart

This is a good letter to send the oil pump back with and ask for a refund as thety admit they are no good

I actually bought it from Stein Dinse, who are still selling them. I have emailed them regarding my concerns and am awaiting a reply.
It was whilst looking for something else I happened upon the recently added HMB message. I usually use Gutsibits or HMB but when I originally ordered the pump neither had them in stock and the HMB warning message wasn’t there.