1978 V35 parts fitment.

My V35 re-build is still underway, albeit very slowly and I am acquiring parts as and when I find out what I need. . It appears I have a Bitsa as the wiring loom is not original.
I’m struggling with front brake discs as there are ones where the throw is different which I didn’t realise.
Does anyone know which ones “should” fit my 1978 model? It came with discs with the smaller throw.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi.
Have a look through this page

I explains which models had the small offset.
Steve

1 Like

The discs will be the same as the V50/2 with the same spacers being used, only the later models are different ( V50/3 etc.)

CHRIS

1 Like

Thank you for your replies.
Mine is 1978 V35 which I think is the 2nd year of production? It came with a mk3 loom. The front wheel discs have the smaller throw/offset but there aren’t spacers fitted!!
I’m somewhat confused…

if you are making it into a bike to ride, I would suggest either purchasing a new loom, or buying the cable and connectors and making a new one
given that its getting on for 50 years old, and copper work hardens, and connectors corrode, it will save you trouble in the long run
also add a few extra earths
I have seen a nice motorcycle ruined when the harness failed internally, not nice losing power at night in the dark

1 Like