2023 v7 center stand

Hi Im really loving my new Guzzi. Im considering fitting a centerstand, has anyone had any experience with genuine/aftermarket versions ? can the side stand be retained ?

Welcome, @Benjimin

This post might be helpful to you: 2018 V7 III Special - Center Stand

If searching the forum for more info on the topic, be aware that some of the related posts are UK-based and thus employ the alternate spelling of centre (o;

Hope this helps you out.

1 Like

The general consensus seems to be that the hepko and Becker aftermarket stand is better than the oem, yes you can retain the side stand.

I went for this instead, https://www.stein-dinse.com/en/item-1-1170808.html for those jobs where you want the bike upright with one or both wheels in the air. Works a treat, doesn’t need any spannering and my next door but 2 neighbour (also a V7 owner) can use it too.

Adding new link: SD-TEC Assembly stand linea, nero - Moto Guzzi V7 I+II+III, 850, V9 Bobber, Roamer

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I like the paddock stand idea will check it out.

Hi. I’ve got the genuine Guzzi centre stand on my 2022 V7 Special. It works well and the bike is very stable once the bike is up on the stand. I weigh less than 70kg and have no difficulty raising the bike onto the stand. Fitting it was a bit of a trial of patience as I tried to follow a UTube video that suggested fitting the front two mounting bolts first then pivoting the rear of the stand upwards to fit the main fixing spindle. This didn’t work for me but with just one front bolt fitted, the stand could be correctly aligned and fitting the main spindle followed by the remaining front bolt was really simple. I think that if I hadn’t had those problems, it would have easily taken less than one hour to fit.
Hope that helps
Tony

2 Likes

Thanks for that.

broken link?

I fitted the Guzzi centre stand. Details here: Adding a Centre Stand to my V7-850 Centenario

1 Like

I went for the guzzi factory kit after reading reports that there were difficulties fitting the canister to the HB stand , the guzzi stand fitted beautifully ! only problem is when wheeling the bike around the lifting foot can bang your shin until you learn !
The Guzzi Tech site is worth a look , lots of tips there .
hope this helps , Derek