850 le mans tool kit

Most people have thrown away the tray along with the micky mouse toolkit.

If memory serves it was plastic, shallow across top of the battey, then dipped down at the back behind the battery to take the tool bag. The flat part was for owner’s handbook etc. But try to put any more serious tools in there, you can’t shut the seat.

Thrown away the tray! No way, the tray is brilliant. Still have my original one under the seat on my Convert. Come to think of it I still have most of the original tools. Don’t carry them though… In fact I think I’ll get them on ebay now, unless someone wants to make me an offer for unused Moto Guzzi stamped pliers…?

I agree about the tray until I replaced my old battery with an AGM one.
Half the size so the tray became redundant.
Put the tools on ebay, someone will buy them.

Put the tools on ebay, someone will buy them.[/quote

Yes me!, I’m still looking! :smiley:

In that case I have a genuine 1984 MGCGB paddock jacket as used for skiing in 1986.
Red and green with White lettering on the sleeve.
Completely unrestored. Genuine article.
The absolute must for the total classic restoration.
£149.99 plus p+p.

The bikes in the 80’s were very cool but i’m afraid the same cant be said for the clothing, so I think ill give it a miss. :smiley:

Pliers now on ebay. If you can find out what make the spanners were, or supply me with a photo, I’ll look in my huge box of metric spanners that have got mixed up over the years. I think the pliers were the only tool stamped MOTO GUZZI.
Al.

Scoured my garage and found four more tools from the original kit, 2 open ended spanners, an adjustable, and a spring adjusting tool. Now also on ebay. All with correct part numbers.
Al.

Sometimes (if not often) you don’t get the tray or the toolkit if you buy second hand.

I was always naughty, keeping the toolkits of prevous bikes for their choicest bits. I still have in my toolroll and use the pliers that came with my '76 Honda CD 175!