Essex Branch Meetings - June 2022 onwards

BRANCH MEETINGS.

Hi everyone, we’ve got a few dates in the diary but are missing July and September onwards… any suggestions please?

Here is a reminder of what we have so far:

Friday 10th to Sunday 12th June – Camping weekend, The Star at Steeple, The Street, Steeple, Essex, CM0 7LF. No dedicated meeting this month, just pop along and visit us xx

Sunday 17th July - Suggestions for a meeting venue please

Sunday 21st August - Ducati Chelmsford, Unit 9 Wycke Hill Business Park, Maldon CM9 6UZ Great café and they will do a BBQ too.

Sunday 18th September - Boxted Air Museum private tour (camping available)
Sunday 16th October
Sunday 20th November
Sunday 18th December

Love Evie

A suggestion for the September gathering:

On September 18th there is a fund raising day for the Essex & Herts air ambulance. A very worthy cause methinks, not least as I know two people who have taken a ride in their helicopter.
The ride goes from North Weald airfield to Harwich, so it couldn’t be more Essex if it tried.

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/essexhertsairambulance/692978?dm_i=49AZ,1BUHL,6C1JTQ,655M0,1

This would make a great story for Gambalunga mag too.

I put up some suggestions of towns and villages in areas that we have not visited yet, back in July 2021, but so far no one has come up with any pubs or cafes that they know of in these places.

The list was

_* Billericay is one, the Railway Arms is (was) a good pub but parking is very limited.

• Brentwood, handy for the M25 and visitors from Kent or London? There are plenty of venues other than the Sugar Hut.
  • Thorpe-le-Soken or Tendering?
  • Layer Breton, Layer Marney or Layer-de-la-Haye?
  • The Easters?
  • The Rodings?
  • Earls Colne, Wakes Colne, White Colne?_
    Anyone like to make any suggestions or shall I just Google some venues?

How about these

The Coach and Horses, 36 Chapel Street, Billericay CM12 9LU - A mini driver wrote off his car reversing into my Land Rover Series 1 in the car park here in 1979
The Hutton Junction, 15 Rayleigh Road, Shenfield, Brentwood CM13 1AB - I bought my first beer here from the off sales!
The Black Boy, Thorpe Road, Weeley CO16 9JJ - never been there
The Hare And Hounds, Crayes Green, Layer Breton, Colchester CO2 0PN - I have driven past this one and considered stopping but never been in!
I can’t find any pubs in the Easters, they all seem to be private houses now.
The Black Lion, 3 The Street, High Roding, Dunmow, Essex CM6 1NT - Never been there but it looks good
The Lion, High Street, Earls Colne, Colchester CO6 2PA - Never been there, looks gastro supremo!

Some I have been to other I’ve not, has anyone else been to any of these?

Hi lovely, great suggestion but just realised the September meeting will be at Boxford air museum so I have that one covered. I updated the post x

I have put the Boxford Airfield Museum on the branch map but will probably be going on the air ambulance run myself.

I see that the Boxford meeting and the August meeting are not in Gambalunga, does anyone do that now? Are these meetings only on Facebook?

Still no meeting place for July…

I updated the branch map but it has now reverted to March 2022, I will try and update again as soon as I find out how to edit my posts on the new forum.

I have almost got my head around editing on the new forum, slow though I maybe I’ll get there in the end! :roll_eyes: