Breva 1100 no electrics!

Hi all,Hope someone can help! Getting my Breva 1100 ready for trip to AGM this weekend. Just aquired a new Garmin 660 sat nav so decided to install the mount. I lifted the tank a couple of inches to thread cable from handlebar position. I disconnected the electrical connection to the tank intending to take it off but the pesky “quick release” wouldn’t! Found I could get cable through and checked no trapped wires.I disconnected the battery so no flashes or bangs and then connected the sat nav cable and reconnected battery. Mount works, on switching on ignition all dash lights & self test comes on. On pressing starter, everything went dead - no clicks bang or anything. Battery giving 12.85 v ( it was ok before), fuses all look ok and I have carefully cleaned and reconnected battery - nothing. I am mystified! It seems like a bad connection - any ideas?? I did think lifting the tank a couple of inches might have pulled something but cannot see anything. I did do the starter relay mod some time ago but that has been fine. Help please!mdog2512013-09-04 18:52:48

[QUOTE=mdog251]

Hi all,Hope someone can help! Getting my Breva 1100 ready for trip to AGM this weekend. Just aquired a new Garmin 660 sat nav so decided to install the mount. I lifted the tank a couple of inches to thread cable from handlebar position. I disconnected the electrical connection to the tank intending to take it off but the pesky “quick release” wouldn’t! Found I could get cable through and checked no trapped wires.I disconnected the battery so no flashes or bangs and then connected the sat nav cable and reconnected battery. Mount works, on switching on ignition all dash lights & self test comes on. On pressing starter, everything went dead - no clicks bang or anything. Battery giving 12.85 v ( it was ok before), fuses all look ok and I have carefully cleaned and reconnected battery - nothing. I am mystified! It seems like a bad connection - any ideas?? I did think lifting the tank a couple of inches might have pulled something but cannot see anything. I did do the starter relay mod some time ago but that has been fine. Help please![/QUOTE]

Sounds like a bad earth!
Try temporarily putting a cable from the neg battery straight to the engine!

There are a bunch of connectors up by the headstock under the tank, maybe one of these has been disturbed?
If you’ve done the starter relay mod then are you sure you reconnected the live feed for the relay back to the battery, silly I know, but sometimes we all miss things! Fuse in that supply good?
Hope you get sorted!
Let us know what t was if you manage to find out, it’s the way we all learn!

Regards Dave

Check that the connections on to the battery are sound, you pulled these off,and the first thing to always check is what you last did. This is typical of a poor battery connection.

If you have checked the; -
fuses, battery connections, earth strap, cleaned the kill switch and the ignition switch, the side stand switch, then just before you scream wiggle the wiring harness on both sides of the headstock, you might be lucky, I was.

Hi all thanks for the advice. problem now sorted. Checked all connections and it seems like a poor earth connection at the battery, although when i checked the fuse for the starter relay mod it fell in half so could have been that. Anyway crisis over, thanks. Looks like a wet ride to the AGM! Cheers