Cali 1100 - Indicators/Rear Lights

Just fixed the Cali 1100’s non-flashing indicators and no-show rear lights.
Taking apart those 10-way connectors hiding behind the headstock shrouds, possibly for the first time in 20 years, revealed a tale of woe, green deposits, and decayed/missing connectors. Splicing in a length of cable to bypass the worst of the damage got everything working again.
I may have cut the Green wire, but it’s still a ticking time bomb.
Are these connectors a known issue? Probably a silly question. These are Guzzi electrics after all.

Hi Roy
glad it’s fixed.
Corrosion like this seems to be pretty common on a lot of bikes.
I was looking at car wiring n the local breakers a few weeks ago and saw a lot of ‘green galloping knob rot’ on car connectors which had an easier life.
Years ago I was told that the corrosion was inevitable as it’s a by product of the current and copper but I don’t know how true this is.
All the best
Steve

Whenever I take a part of the bike off and see an electrical connector, I spray it with ACF50 after separating them.

I was disappointed, but hardly surprised to see the flimsy nature of the internal connectors. I wish I had taken photos, but it was getting well into the evening. Rewiring with some half-decent components is now being forced on me.

Good call
It’s been done on the T3 and hoping to get the NTX sorted next,
Steve

[QUOTE=1150GS] Whenever I take a part of the bike off and see an electrical connector, I spray it with ACF50 after separating them.

[/QUOTE]
+1
Recently picked up a 5 litre bottle for £20 at an engineers suppliers. Lots to spray!
Steve

[/QUOTE]
+1
Recently picked up a 5 litre bottle for £20 at an engineers suppliers. Lots to spray!
Steve[/QUOTE]

Where did you get all that Karma from, Steve?

The connectors are replaceable, you can buy the male and female connector pins and also the plastic holders. Somewhere on here there used to be a link…

Vehicle Wiring Products?

I’ll have a look. Although at first glance it looked as if the wires were sealed in the connectors.

Not normally sealed, unless Cali 1100 is different ~ connectors are crimped onto the wires then push-lock into the plastic connector block. (?)