Cali 1100i running on one cylinder

Yes intermittent is a complete P.I.T.A. reminds me of my T140V (stop me if you’ve heard it), same prob, turned out was a bad LT wire solder joint inside the coil, would connect only when it felt like it. Which was most of the time until some awkward moment like late at night in the dark miles from home.

Most Elektrikery intermittent faults are down to a break in wiring or dry solder joint, look also for a bad crimp connection…not easy to find BUt the ignition cct is fairly small, look for a break on LT first then cheapest is to replace HT leads, they can and do break down.

Do not write off the idea of a knackered (even new) plug

You’re not wrong. It looks like poor jointing at a connector between the ignition module and the coil was the culprit. I took the bike into Moto Corsa last week on the way home from the south coast and that was Mike’s diagnosis. The fault hasn’t recurred so it’s looking good at the moment. The coil and module checked out fine so at least the parts bill was small! Embarrassingly this was one of the connectors that I’d “improved” a couple of years ago.Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice. The Cali toolkit will now be expanded to include a test meter, circuit diagram and wiring bits!But it’s not all bad news - funding approval has now been given for a shiny new Norge!Dave

Way-hay!