California EV cold start issues

Have an old California EV which has tended to be difficult to start in cold weather. Engine turns but it won’t fire and then there is quite a smell of fuel. Wondered whether it was the emulsion collecting around the engine temp sensor which I think is in the rocker cover left side. Plugs were a little black but on removal and with a little heat and refit the bike starts OK. Any suggestions welcome. Not really got the hang of these injection systems.

Hello,
Underneath at the side of the throttle bodies are two screws which screw up vertically. These can clog up. First screw in to gauge position and then remove and clean using solvent. Screw back in to original position. If this does not work try a dose of quality injector cleaner but this will take a little time to take full affect.
All the best.

Hello,
Underneath at the side of the throttle bodies are two screws which screw up vertically. These can clog up. First screw in to gauge position and then remove and clean using solvent. Screw back in to original position. If this does not work try a dose of quality injector cleaner but this will take a little time to take full affect.
All the best.

A cup full of kerosene into a full tank then Italian tune up. I.e. Thrash it’s tits off for 100 plus miles. It will run like new, I kid you not. People try to ride these like Harley’s but they have a short stroke engine and love revs.