Centauro Cambelts

Hi, just a query please.

I have had a look but could not see anything in the NON OEM parts list on the site for a set of Guzzi Daytona/Centauro cam belts but just wondered if anyone had an alternative part number for these.

I cannot see that these belts were only ever produced to fit a very low production run of these two bikes.

What make are the original and does anyone have a part number off the belt?

I know I could check the belts on my bike but did not want to strip it down well in advance of getting the replacement belts.

Many thanks Darryl

I seem to remember there was a listing but we did loose a fair amount of info when the site crashed.

Darryl I think that the cog site lists an alternative, cheaper than the originals, (spotted it after I put the guzzi ones on mine)Phil

[QUOTE=Phil Gough]

Darryl I think that the cog site lists an alternative, cheaper than the originals, (spotted it after I put the guzzi ones on mine)Phil [/QUOTE]

Thanks Phil, will have a look on there and would you mind me borrowing your Daytona manual again please when I get round to doing it?

Many thanks Darryl

[QUOTE=Phil Gough]

Darryl I think that the cog site lists an alternative, cheaper than the originals, (spotted it after I put the guzzi ones on mine)Phil [/QUOTE]

Thanks Phil, looks like it’s these :-

Contitech Syncroforce CXP STD 640-S8M-20 with 80 teeth.

I have emailed them at Continental-Direct to get prices inc delivery. CONTINENTAL-DIRECT

Will update thread if prices are favourable.

Cheers DarrylDazGuzzi2014-02-02 16:19:47

No problem with manual, also got a ground down file to deal with clearance issue, (if you need it )

Brilliant!

[QUOTE=DazGuzzi] [QUOTE=Phil Gough]

Thanks Phil, looks like it’s these :-

Contitech Syncroforce CXP STD 640-S8M-20 with 80 teeth.

I have emailed them at Continental-Direct to get prices inc delivery. CONTINENTAL-DIRECT

Will update thread if prices are favourable.

Cheers Darryl[/QUOTE]

Ordered them!

E mail this morning from their UK outlet in Carlisle

Following your enquiry regarding the above belts I can offer,

2 x 640-S8M- 20CXP £9.50 ea plus VAT

Delivery from Germany £12.00 plus VAT 2 weeks

DazGuzzi2014-02-03 16:43:18

Wow,Good Price.

Not much difference then

[QUOTE=david wye] Not much difference then   Â

[/QUOTE]

Really ?

I don’t think an overall 20% discount on Gutsibits delivered price is a bad result.
When I asked Gutsibits who made their belts they were unable to tell me and didn’t have them in stock anyway. Continental produce quality products ( particularly automotive cam belts )so I am happy .
Better in my pocket but if your happy wasting your cash, your choice!

DazGuzzi2014-02-04 00:12:28

Err , that was Ironic , Daz !

thought so but didn’t dare say !

In that case I had better apologise and do so unreservedly.

Ever your umble servahnt sah. Can I get your cat a bucket full of sparrows?

Honestly, it has been said before, sometimes the written word can easily be misconstrued.

Sorry.

You are forgiven , you can get up now

Thanks Blackadder!

Well they have arrived already and are correct.

Now to the fitting of them

Crikey , the technical section’s gone all …technical !