Colour choice for V7Sport

Burgundy it is then?

Yep.

I have a burgundy Eldo, if you want to take a match of inside of toolbox. Should be invaded. I’m near Stafford. Ian

Sorry - predictive text - should have said un-faded.

I might take you up on that if I can’t get the info anywhere else. Adam (Italian Motor) is scouring his archives for me. Stafford is almost local to New Quay! I’m probably going over to the Stafford show toward the end of the month.John

lol

Give us a call if you do - 07760 346003.

Resurrecting this old thread as I collected the fuel tank and toolboxes from my painter today. I’m really pleased with them.Here they are in the shade in my garage. You can see I was celebrating by wearing my club T shirt today.and here they are basking in the sunshineThe paint is candy burgundy over silver then clear coat. This is the way it was done originally.The rest of the bike’s still got a way to go yet.

That looks absolutely fabulous mate! I guess it must be a balance of what came out of the factory versus what you actually like personally. That colour does a great job of describing and complementing the shape as well as being an Italian red. The silver frame shows off Tonti’s finest as well as working well complementing that iconic vee twin.

OK, sounding maybe a bit too keen, but let me have first refusal if you ever decide to do the unthinkable!

love the burgundy,your painter did a great jobwas it a paint shop or a mate and how much did it cost?

Looks fantastic John, the colour on silver was definitely the way to go…

[QUOTE=keithguzzi]love the burgundy,your painter did a great jobwas it a paint shop or a mate and how much did it cost?

[/QUOTE]Paint was done by Pete Chapman who I’ve come to know since he moved here to Wales 3 years ago. He has built and painted a number of custom Harleys which are fantastic. I think he may have had a business in the Northampton area till then. He gave it all up to live in the country about 5 miles from me but word was out and he’s ended up working on many of the classic bikes around here. Custom bikes he built in the past have also been back for repaints. When I was there last he had a 1962 HD Duoglide and a WW2 Indian belonging to friends in the local “Old Cranks” club. Both have hand change and suicide clutches but the Indian is left hand throttle. He’s not proud - he’s also restored a 70’s MZ 250.It wasn’t a cheap job at £450 but I knew the quality of the work would be good. The tank needed a lot of prep. It had dents and filler and some rust from storage in a damp shed. Materials were £150. I don’t know how that compares to other places but it was worth paying a bit to get the work done locally where I could discuss the job face to face with someone I knew.

It’s as close to the factory finish as I could get. Frames were metallic silver and tanks this candy finish on a lot of American bikes. I’ve always liked these colours so, after much consideration decided to change to that from the original green. That green was painted in the same way.In the end I got help with the colour from Moe Moore at Cycle Garden in California who sent me photos of jobs he’s done next to a toolbox with original paint.I think I’ll be hanging on to this for a while. I bought it when I was 20 which was back in 1978. It’s still a way off but I’ll do some work on the S3 next and that may be sold to provide cash for my next project.

450 is a good price for quality job like that

looks great

like the blog too

Looks fantastic. The metallic red/silver frame was always my favourite colour scheme.

I have a similar quandary with my 750S replica, it has been black with green stripes, red stripes and blue stripes, it needs a respray and I’m thinking orange stripes…

Never original but I like the blue stripes on this S3.I think Charly had his bike painted by colleagues in the Berlin police so it ended up with the same blue as on the police carsNow for something completely different. I saw this on facebook t’other day. Totally non standard but I like it. What a change some paint and a seat cover make.
v7john2014-06-13 20:11:09

Mmm, beige, not doing it for me. Check out my Guzzi 750 website Chris for some colour schemes, been up there since 1999, a bit abandoned now, but worth a look. Guzzi 750s as in the three early 70s Guzzi 750 sports models, nothing else, sorry no Targas and no new V7s…Guzzi 750

Yes, orange is the next colour for me, very 70’s