Comedy Time again...

Yeah, I was quoted £78 similar on the Ducati by itself - but the V100 is only a year old, so it bumps it up a bit. Also, because they were on a multibike policy last year, theres only 1 lot of NCD and that obviously had to go to the V100.

But will look into doing them separately next year.

RH are very competitive with my lot of old bikes, no idea about modern stuff though.

Hi, I use Bennetts and Carole Nash alternately. When one gets too expensive I play them off against the other one and usually get a discount. Currently paying less than £200 fully comp for a V7, Enfield Bullet and an MZ250/1. However I do live in Powys .

Hope this is useful

cheers Jon

1 Like

I’m with Bennetts last year I paid £195 .64 for 2 bikes a 2000 jackal and a 2019 Indian scout bobber this year they quoted £190.50 but I have just added a 1968 cali to the collection and that altered the price to £264.87 all fully comp I do have 9 years nab
I didn’t think that was to bad

£376.25 with Bennetts for my four bikes with breakdown, clothing and helmet cover etc. Less than £100 for each bike, so not too bad in this day and age I suppose.

My multi bike policy with unlimited miles with a Hayabusa as the highest group works out at £54 per bike with CN, problem is I have 11 bikes insured :roll_eyes:
I added a 1929 Triumph to the policy this year which I valued at £7,500 which pushed the policy up by £25 on last years cost :grimacing:

1 Like

Has anyone tried Devitt, underwriten by KGM. They’re the cheapest I’ve found so far. I will give some of the suggestions a go.

Thanks Don, I’ll give it a go when I renew in July and certainly see if there’s any advantage in putting my car(s) on the same policy - I haven’t ever explored that. I know theft is a big risk but I can only drive/ride one vehicle at a time.
Not sure why everyone moans so much about insurance costs especially when you’re talking about a new £15000 bike.

1 Like

Because the same costs and unreasonable price hikes apply when you’ve got one, old £4000 bike (that cost £4000 fifteen years ago). That’s why everybody moans.

2 Likes

Costs are going up as a result of incompetence and greed of insurance companies themselves.

My V7 was rear ended 6 months ago in a clear admitted non fault accident and is still not resolved.

What should have been a quick although expensive repair has lasted 6 months, with a replacement hire bike for 4 months at a cost of £200 a day, £1400 a week, over £5000 a month.

Total cost of hire is over £20k - without bike repair or write off costs, and without compensation costs for injuries.

Someone is making a lot of money at our expense

1 Like

same here, 15+ bikes with footman james, guzziv7 stone, royal enfield hntr and benneli trk502 being the more modern, i even have a couple of imports/ restos on frame number only, very good firm to deal with…

2 Likes

A useful thread. I have been with CN for years (small car+750cc Nevada+125cc scooter all with UK and Euro breakdown and recovery), £456 last August. I try to beat it each year but no luck so far. What is missing from many posts is where these folk live - that makes a massive difference. I’m in Dorset with a garage - must be cheaper than a big city! And age of rider? Does that have an impact? We need a member who is a broker to offer advice.

1 Like

Footman James for me as well for 9 bikes mixture of classic & modern, policy around £400 but bikes include a VMAX Gen 2 & MT01 1700. Used Footman James for years; I was struggling to find an insurer that offers cover for more than 6 bikes. Used to be with Bikesure but I’m sure their limit is around 6 bikes

I think rocketing motor insurance costs are a symptom of these inflationary times, insurance cos generally don’t value loyalty and penalise those who don’t shop around
My wife’s renewal notice came through last week for her BMW Z4, it had increased by about 40% compared to last year. We shopped around and found equivalent cover slightly less than last years price with the insurer for the “relatively elderly” Most insurance cos rely on customer inertia

Indeed, many policies will only offer cover if the bikes are kept in a locked brick or concrete garage at your home address. Leave a bike on your drive overnight &if it’s stolen your cover is void. Those who live in big cities without locked garages must be paying horrendous premiums

I don’t have a garage and the bike is parked on drive and advised as such. If I get a quote with garage its 20% less.

Just renewed my Stelvio insurance, fully comp, garaged and out in darkest Essex. £95.75 from MotorCycles Direct online, the underwriters are Europa Underwriting Ltd. I have been with them for 5 years. I am paying about 3% more than last year.

I have yet to make a claim on this policy.

that’s almost as low as a 125!

Full no claims, security data dot paint and in a locked garage. My wife’s Piaggio Zip is more expensive for her to insure!

1 Like

My bikes have been covered by Carole Nash for 15+ years - 4 old bikes + an MGB sports car on a ‘6 Wheel’ policy.
Their renewal price this year … £1100!!! More than double last years price. Rediculous and a pretty disrespectful way to treat an established customer.
A bit of shopping around had the MGB covered by Adrian Flux for £150 and the 4 bikes by RH (who advertise in the Club mag) for £400.

2 Likes

Carol Nash were bought out by the Ardonagh Group

these are their offices
thats why prices have gone up
https://maps.app.goo.gl/aPDnctAX8t15MAqZ6

1 Like