Essex Branch Meetings 2021 dates and venues - Suggestions pleases for 2022

It used to be about 7:00 back in the day before you and the rest of the branch organising committee took over. :laughing:

So a quick request back, what time would you like to meet tonight? :wink:

I have just updated the Essex branch map https://www.motoguzziclub.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8211&sid=f599b42ee7eaa8c1fa54dce2bbeebadd and there are a lot of venues that were cancelled due to the pandemic. Most of them we have visited before and so do we go back to the same places in 2022 or do we pick new venues that we have not been to before? There are still a lot of areas in the county that we have not visited.

• Billericay is one, the Railway Arms is (was) a good pub but parking is very limited.
  • Brentwood, handy for the M25 and visitors from Kent or London? There are plenty of venues other than the Sugar Hut.
  • Thorpe-le-Soken or Tendering?
  • Layer Breton, Layer Marney or Layer-de-la-Haye?
  • The Easters?
  • The Rodings?
  • Earls Colne, Wakes Colne, White Colne?

Anyone like to make any suggestions?

Best wishes Chris

I think just as pertinent for the next two scheduled Thursday night meet ups is where they might be?

As far as I am aware there are none arranged

Any Ideas for next year or Thursday meetings this year?

September meeting typo …

I’ve just noticed we have this as the 9th in the details at the top of this thread. It’s the 19th of course, and as noted at our last meet up that coincides with the Copdock show where we are running a stand. I think there was a suggestion that on that basis we would make Copdock the venue for this one?

I’ve corrected the date in Evie’s post but not the venue yet, please let me know if you would like that changed too. I will be away camping on the 19th Sept.

I have now canceled the meeting in September at the Prince of Wales in Great Totham, maybe go there on a Thursday evening or next year on a Sunday lunchtime? Are there any other suggestions?

I’ll put that advice on the FB page also for Copdock.

I’d have to say that the Thursday evenings that we did schedule in were only attended very half heartedly for whatever reasons - and it wasn’t all bad weather. Needs more of a commitment if we were going to make those work, and I’m not even sure what I mean by that.

I see that the meetings have not been published in Gambalunga again, one of the management committee needs to send them to Roger for the next issue, or bribe me with beer to do it for you.

I also noted in Gambalunga that the Moleys went to the Essex camp at the Star and Steeple. Is that in Steeple too? :laughing:

Bump

I.think.a.visit.to.the.Boxted.Air.Museum.would.be.nice.

Langham Ln, Colchester CO4 5NW

I’ve.sent.the.editor.of.Gambalunga.a.list.of.the.remaining.dates.venues.for.this.year.

Best.wishes,.Evie

Bump

I’d like to vote for a return to the Three Horseshoes at Molehill Green. Plenty of space, good food, and genuinely biker friendly.

I like your idea of something in the Rodings or the Easters but I think their pubs are mostly “Gastro Pubs” now. I’ll endeavour to do some exploring and will report back.

I didn’t get to Molehill Green, it is at the end of Stanstead runway! Worth a return visit. How about the ones we missed in lockdown?

No one like to suggest meeting places for 2022 past March or are you all on Facebook? :unamused:

Bump

Bump

Hi Chris,
Perhaps this thread would get a better response if you changed the title. I may be wrong ( again ) but maybe some readers don’t look properly and assume this is about last year’s meetings.

As I said above, I’d like to see a return to the Three Horseshoes at Molehill Green. I know we have been there before but it’s a good pub and very welcoming.

Or, a return to Megarry’s tea shop in Blackmore. As recommended in the latest issue of Gambalunga.

Bump