Hardened washer/tacho drive?

I am refiting the tacho drive this week on my 850 tonti framed engine, and I am unsure as to whether the tacho drive unit should have the hardened washer in place as the gearbox drive does. I have looked on the parts list and this washer isn’t shown for the tacho drive, but is for the speedo/gearbox drive…does that answer my question?

ReggieV2013-01-07 11:50:53

Sorry if this is a bit late. Yes there is a washer either side of the gear on the tacho drive.

Ralph, it’s never too late. Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case but wasn’t sure, and they’re not shown in the parts manual. I’ve got one washer, I’ll have to make the other as I believe that they’re not available…unless someone knows better?

I will have alook and see if i can find one in the box of bits and bobs tomorrow if i can.

OK thanks.

I believe these washers are not available, maybe someone knows better?? and can tell us where to get them. In the case of having to make the hardened washer, can you tell me ReggieV, if this is possible and advise how to do it. Thanks!

James wrote;. In the case of having to make the hardened washer, can you tell me ReggieV, if this is possible and advise how to do it.I have a friend who is an engineer, when I see him I’ll ask him and see if it’s possible. It might be a few days though.

Thanks ReggieV, I need one myself and if I can’t find one may have to make/get made.

ReggieV. I,ve found one send me your address via a pm and I will send you it if you still need one.ralph2013-01-24 09:33:44

Ralph, pm sent. Thanks. James, reference above, I will contact you when I have found out.

Only got it posted today (Monday)