How to improve my front brake?

Having been down the Changing the Master Cylinder and Hose route several times recently, I found that once I had got the brake to function but with a bit more lever movement than I would like, I found that cable tying the brake lever to the bars overnight worked wonders.

Just got this :unamused:
Must be Christmas spirit or bored as I can’t get out on the bike. It’s cleaning the salt off afterwards.

I have to say Ian, thanks a lot for your suggestion - of mentioned models I found that one, which was just cheapest on eBay, FES250 scooter - and after test ride today I find it more than good! To such extent, that during braking I need to make slight countersteering now due to braked leg making “towards” movement. It never happened before! Yes, you could say lever is a little bit spongy at the end, but it is still best front master I had on small old Guzzi. Finally I got emergency brake in case my 40 yrs old factory lines crack…:slight_smile: Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback adamigo,
Was it a straightforward fitting?
Steve.

Re FES 250 master. When fitted, lever at piston end seems to catch switchgear, but I haven’t found it a problem during 20 miles ride. Brake line connection is troublefree, no obstacles on way. Stop switch with two male spades, standard fit I think. 10x1.25 mm fit for mirror.

The cheap solution appeals. Will check eBay etc.

Thanks for reporting back. I’ve fitted my 11mm master cylinder with newly made braided hoses but am waiting for some paintwork to be completed before I can test it.