And there’s more Magneti marelli sensors than you might think
PF1C ducati
PF2C Alfa romeo
PF3C Guzzi
PF4C Harley…

Anyone tried any of the others?
I’ve ordered the PF4C anyway.duncan_smith2013-07-16 18:37:02

still worth checking the voltages

Has it seen a battery charger lately? I presume not running well enough for engine to charge while riding around

Over or under voltage will cause odd issues with efi system as can simple things like bad earths / relays / poor fuse contactsi’ve never had an efi guzzi but you usualy have 2 forms of diagnostics, the most simple is a blink test where you connect a led or bulb accross 2 contacts or more usualy earth a pin and cause the management light on the dash to flash and give you blink codeslater stuff will have a eodb port that you can connect a scanner to…If you can download a jackel manual it should give you some guidanceWhen you mesured the fuel pressure was that with the engine running, I have seen healthy fuel pressures fade away to nothing as blockages and nackered pumps fail when running
guzzi-t52013-07-17 14:20:06

Thanks for all the help, I’ve ordered a replacement TPS.
When it arrives and I’ve fitted it, then I’ll report back.
Cheers
Duncan.

Update Wednesday 31st July.

New TPS fitted Monday, and no change to the problem. Voltage on TPS sense wire won’t go above 1.6v which is not right.
Spoke to Mel Robinson at length(thanks Mel) on Monday night, concluded that I need to thoroughly check out the wiring. I spent ages checking the wiring and earths etc. with a meter and could find no faults. Finally whilst measuring resistances I noted that the resistance between the TPS Sense wire and 0v was 900 ohms with the ECU plug out, but fell to below 300 ohms with it plugged in. Something in the ECU was pulling the sense wire down to ground. Only one way to prove it then…, just order a replacement ECU from Ed at Gutsibits.
Would you believe it fired first press of the button after setting up.
Need to go for a ride to prove things, but it sure sounds good now.
Hope that’s the end of it !!!

I do believe those ECU’s can be repaired so It may be well worth finding out bud

So there ya go. Might be something simple

Just found this thread. Don’t throw the ecu, the battery or diagnostics will have been put on the wrong way which may have blown a piece of tracking on the board.
I think I posted a list of tps, crank sensors and temperature sensors on the non oem parts section.

http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14243&KW=fuel+pump&PN=3

http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15324

HaydnR2013-07-31 19:35:31