Koni Shocks for T3

anyone know the correct spec for the Konis for a T3

Get Hagons they are far superior shocks …

I’m with ken cheap hagons do the business

You need part number 7610-1297 for the T3, which are 324mm from eye to eye though they’re called Ikons nowadays. Look here: link

I’ve had Konis on various big Guzzis for 25 years and they’ve always been fine, can’t comment on Hagons, would be open to seeing what they’re like but buying them is a pricy way to try!

I had Konis dial a ride for years on the V1000 then they broke so had to get someothers and was very aprehensive about the Hagons BUT what a difference far better ride and solo as well as 2 up and fully loaded they givs a softer and comfier ride but keep very good handling.

I was gobsmacked and have reccomended them to others who have also found the difference is well worth while and they are far less expensive

for Hagon shocks

[QUOTE=guzzibear] I had Konis dial a ride for years on the V1000 then they broke so had to get someothers and was very aprehensive about the Hagons BUT what a difference far better ride and solo as well as 2 up and fully loaded they givs a softer and comfier ride but keep very good handling.
Â
I was gobsmacked and have reccomended them to others who have also found the difference is well worth while and they are far less expensive
Â
 for Hagon shocks[/QUOTE]

They can also customise them. They supplied different springs at no extra cost for my Cali III FF which is heavier than standard and normally driven 2 up with full luggage.

+1 for Hagons, for a T3 et al, the wasp’s ankles The simple 3-way preload ring version (no damper adjust, £132 from Gutsibits). Best part I don’t have to increase preload from softest for a full camping trip load and yet they work and feel EXACTLY the same as without.

I’ve put this before and far better riders than me agree, set an old Tonti on the softest rear setting you can and leave it there.I expect racing is different but their surfaces are not like ours.My experience with both is over 20 years ago but the (then) Koni’s were worth the extra.

Any use to you OP?

I’ve managed to arrange a press loan for some Hagons shocks for the S3 so I’ll let you know what I think. Am curious now…

Fitted the Hagon shocks and did a 20 mile round route with plenty of mixed surfaces last Friday. So far, without any fiddling about with any adjustment (of which there is much), I’m very impressed - sort of makes the bike feel much more like it’s ‘gliding’ along. But not sure whether that’s also because they are brand new shocks, compared to ones that are 20 years old…

They do make a phenominal difference…hey tis a Phenomenon…