Le Mans Mk5 Front mudguard & fork brace

Replaced the steering bearings and front wheel bearings on my Le Mans Mk 5, but now can’t get the front mudguard to fit.

Is the fork brace symmetrical? Or have I fitted it back to front?

I noticed the fork brace mounting front spacers are longer at the front than the rear but now a bit stumped…

stuart

From memory it is symmetrical but will check tomorrow and get back to you accordingly…

Apologies for the delay, but had a play and can confirm it will fit either way around - seems so thin that I question if it is doing much in reality. Looks like a good opportunity for an upgrade…

Thanks for looking.

Just waiting for the paint to dry on a couple of brackets and Ill try again.

cheers
stuart

Hi, a funny subject this. I had reason to strip my forks a while ago on my Lemon V. If you read Guzzioligy there is a strange almost masonic sequence to how he rebuilds the forks and tightens them up. To keep the legs and stanchions paralle,l basically every thing is loose , ie wheel spindle and pinch bolts, top yoke pinch bolts, if I remember you have the top of the stanchions undone the front wheel and thus bottom of legs pushed up through the top of stanchions, then fit mudguard and fork brace. (this is where there could be most flex so that’s why start here. ) then tighten top yoke and wheel spindle drop front wheel and screw in stanchion top nuts . Hopefully and if I have it right(it worked for me) this is the best way to keep everything in line and not twisted. hope this helps

Fork braces bugger em up anyway…sorry…just sayin…