Lemans 2 Rear shocks

I have discovered that I have no damping in my rear shocks. This is likey to have been the case before I had the bike as there has been no sign of oil leakage while I have had it. I have only seen the Hagon replacements. Are there alternatives? Can the originals be serviced? Used to use Marzocchi but I only see Hagons used these days.Â

Hi Martin
I’m a big fan of Hagons based on quality, price and their “build to suit” approach. It’s odd having someone ask for your height, weight and pillion details when ordering a pair of shocks :slight_smile:
IKONs are the new KONI (hence the anagram) and are still good shocks. https://www.ikonshocks.co.uk/shop/7610-1297/

All the best
Steve

Koni-Ikons on all our lemons…

Another vote for Hagon from moi… the cheaper 3-way preload ones are plenty good enough …

Thanks for this. I take it they are not serviceable then. The Ikon Koni do a black spring by the look of it but the only Hagons I have seen are chrome. I have them on my V50. Being as mine is a black and gold C&H I was hope to at least stick with black. Couldn’t quite follow, are the Koni’s Ikons more expensive than the Hagons? Â Â

I believe the Konis are a reasonable hike price wise over Hagons. My experience of Hagon is that they tend to come up a bit firm - and I’m reasonably chunky. If you do go with them it might be best to discuss with them your requirements so as to get the required compliancy.

Problee not worth doing, TBH.

The Ikon Koni do a black spring by the look of it but the only Hagons I have seen are chrome.

Eau contraire, if you order 'em from Gutsibits you can have black springs if you ask for them. Mine are! Same as what you need I would think, same frame etc.

Thanks once againÂ

On to them tomorrowÂ