New member from NE Essex

Hello to all you Guzzists. My name is Adrian and I’m in the process of restoring/recommissioning a 1979 V50ii. I bought the bike 4 years ago and lockdown has given me the opportunity to get to work on it.

Its my first Guzzi(I have two other larger bikes, A Triumph Thunderbird 900 and a BMW F800 GT) but I bought the V50 as a smaller, lighter machine for riding locally.

It is almost a barn find, more or less complete. A local machine that doesn’t appear to be to have done a high mileage or have been ‘mucked about with’ to any great degree and so far I’m very impressed with the ease at which it can be worked on. I’ve had the frame powdercoated and i’m in the process of cleaning and checking all the mechanics.

So far I have found very little to be missing but I’ve joined the Club to be able to seek advice from like-minded people in the hope of getting it running one day.

I hope to meet some of you as soon as restrictions allow.

All the best to all for 2021.

Adrian Lilley
Brightlingsea
Essex

Hello Adrian, welcome to the club. I know Brightlingsea well, I sail there often from Maldon. There is a strong branch in Essex and we have a roving meeting place, a different venue each month. We once met at the Yachtsmans Arms. Good luck with the rebuild, there is a lot of knowledge of the V50 here and also in the Essex branch.

Thanks for the welcome Chris. I look forward to meeting one day.

Adrian

Yes, you don’t even have to turn up on a Guzzi to pop in on an Essex branch meet. Keep an eye on our page here to see when and where we will next be meeting.

Thank for that. I will keep an eye on the forum.

Hi Adrian,
Like you I am new to the MG Club and have been re-commissioning a V50 II over the past couple of months and have posted a couple of queries on the Small Block pages.
I live in Felixstowe and as there are no sections in Suffolk I suspect I will pop over into bandit country to visit the Essex group when we are allowed out to play.
Perhaps I could call in on you in Brightlingsea sometime as there are couple of queries I have about the speedo/rev counter binnacle mounting that I need to resolve and would appreciate the opportunity to take a couple of photos ?
Cheers
Tony

Hello Tony
My bike, although in pieces at present, is pretty original and of course you would be very welcome to come over to see if it will help you. In the meantime, are there any photos that I could take and email or Whatsapp to you to help?
Regards
Adrian

Hi Adrian,
I have just PM’d you with my email and phone details.
Tony

There used to be two branches in Suffolk , the Suffolk branch, organised by Willy Rackham they met at Adriano’s an Italian restaurant in Lowestoft, but this has now stopped, and the Mid Suffolk branch, organised by Simon Mollett, who sadly passed away in 2014, it was hoped that his friend Ian Macro would take over but it appears that he started working at sea and was unable to do so. The Mid Suffolk branch had a roving meeting place, like we do in Essex.

So if anyone in Suffolk wants to take up the baton, please contact Sue Nock, branch coordinator (contact details in Gambalunga) for more details.

:smiley: