Newtronic elecrtronic ignition wiring

Morning all, last week I replaced the HT leads and plug caps on my Cali 3. Also took the little bosch coils off and gave them a good clean. I took careful note of the wiring to the coils, but inspite of this, when reconnected the beast won’t start. can anyone tell me where the Newtronic wires should go in case I had a senior moment and cocked up? Cheers, Tiny Tim

Tim

Please see below. Click on the instructions to open in another window then click on it again to zoom in

Best wishes
Chris Cumbers
MGCGB Branch Liaison Officer

Many thanks Chris: you’re a wonder! TT

1 Like

PS. do you know which wires go to + and which to negative? I’m sure it matters! TT

The Calli III wiring without electronic ignition has the live wire (brown and white) feeding to both coils (+) with the points connected to the points (red/yellow or red/green) from the terminal marked R (-) as shown below

My own set up below has electronic ignition which is probably similar to your own, the white wire is the live feed (+) and the red and green wires are the triggers from the electronic ignition box that earths them when the lights in the contact breaker tell it to do so.

If you would like the full wiring diagram see my thread here (you have to scroll to the top!) or send me a PM

Best wishes
Chris Cumbers MGCGB
Branch Liaison Officer

Many thanks Chris, TT

1 Like