Newtronics Electronic Ignition

That Dyna kit looks interesting Ray. I had a look on the internet but although I can find Dyna I asked them about a kit and they said they don’t do motorcycle sets! May I ask where you obtained yours.Pete

I got mine off ebay @ £65.90 now one else bid on it so was a bargain

two for sale on there now one in uk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYNATEK-DYNA-111-ELECTRONIC-IGNITION-MOTO-GUZZI-BIG-ENGINES-1974-1987-/330819765679?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4d066505af

and one in america

that with the postage works out cheaper , but you risk the dreaded inport tax and vat that will make it dearer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynatek-CDI-ECU-Points-Replacement-Ignition-Moto-Guzzi-Big-Engine-74-87-Dyna-/310407307104?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4845b79f60

Or a second hansd one compete with distributor but yet again its america

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-used-but-working-dyna-ignition-with-points-distributor-/221033780988?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3376a3d6fc

[QUOTE=petethebee] That Dyna kit looks interesting Ray. I had a look on the internet but although I can find Dyna I asked them about a kit and they said they don’t do motorcycle sets! May I ask where you obtained yours.
Pete[/QUOTE] Ex smokingbiker2012-11-10 14:46:25

Thanks Ray, I’ll give Newtronics a chance to sort out the one I bought from them but if they don’t manage it I’ll go for the Dyna kit.Pete

If you buy from the USA ask the vendor to describe them as Used classic motorcycle parts NOT FOR RESALE, and put under $200 …mind IF they are sent by US postal service OUR PO charge a “handling fee” nothing to do with customs duties, so do UPS …

You can as long as the vendor agrees look at places like

Parcel2go or Interparcel choose the FedEx option it should be a 2-4 day service, cheaper than FedEx rates and sould not involve the handling fees.

Just an update. Newtronics now working O.K. Bike runs a treat, have got it fairly hot with no problems. Let’s hope it stays working during the summer on the continent.
The problem as I thought was the case, was too high a dark current, they have adjusted the circuit to compensate. Maybe they should have been more thorough before marketing it. They say that they used to be Pirhana.If you buy a company and change it’s name and change the circuit or components then you can’t really claim the reputation because it’s a different product and different people methinks.

OK I looked up dark current.
Didn’t have it in my day, bl##dy youngsters messing around with perfectly simple electronics.
My Pyrana system never heard of it so that’s why it is OK.

'tis the dark side of the force Padwan and to be taken lightly it is not!

So basically they had to adjust the sensitivity of the receptor.

Yes that’s it in a nutshell really. It’s what you thought it was.
The trigger levels required for the Schmitt Triggers is set. So the buffer amp that feeds them needs its bias level adjusted to allow for the change in the current through the reverse biased photo transistor with varying temperatures.
I just hope they’ve allowed for a high enough temperature as the bike gets pretty hot on the continent in summer. We’ll see.

Well thats cleared it up then.