oil leak from rear drive

when I changed the engine oil I noticed there was a sump extension so how much oil should I put in ?

Same amount the extension is to allow more space NOT more oil, you need to measure the oil amount into the sump THEN measure it on the stick and mark it.

For all the 750-850 and 1000cc V Twins

OIL 750S, 850T, 750S3 … 3.5 litre

ALL others … 3. Litre

This is a full oil change complete with filter

Hope this helps

OK thanks I think I better drain the oil out and start again the trouble is its a new filter would you happen to know how much to put in minus the filter? The dipstick doesn’t look very long does anyone know how long the original is and how long it should be to allow for the extension?

Told ya about the burp…ner! The dipstick was this long l__________l and you need abouououout that much less oil.
Gary,stop worrying, its an agricultural guzzi engine not a swiss watch.
give me a ring on tuesday, I’m off and will be staring at my throttle bodies so I can measure the dipstick and even estimate the volume of a filter

ok I’ll give you a ring tuesday evening

Older small blocks should run EP140 in the bevel box should they not. Hear that folk putting 85/90 in have had a weeping seal that goes away when 140 is used. Could this be the same thing?
Cabernet2013-03-09 22:12:22

On my spada with a additional sump extension i fill mine up till i have 6mm on the original dipstick

Correction - the 750 S3 takes 3 litres of oil with standard sump.

[QUOTE=guzzibear] Same amount the extension is to allow more space NOT more oil, you need to measure the oil amount into the sump THEN measure it on the stick and mark it.
Â
Â
For all the 750-850 and 1000cc V Twins
Â
OIL 750S, 850T, 750S3 … 3.5 litre
Â
ALL others … 3. Litre
Â
This is a full oil change complete with filter
Â
Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Dunna worry put too much oil in the breather will throw it out …

Yep.

#1. Just looked at my notes, they say 3 litres if you DON’T remove and clean the sump and renew filter. #2. On mine the correct level is roundabout the min mark, which is handy. If it goes off the end completely then indicates a top-up is needed, hasn’t happened yet though. PS always check level screwed-in fully HTH