Plastic cover on Starter Solenoid

Hi, i have a 97 Cali 1100i and i am wanting to buy a used Plastic cover that fits over and conceals the starter solenoid. Is this just a single piece of plastic that clips on or is there an additional bracket required. My last Cali EV had a chrome cover which tidied things up and i fancy doing the same with my current Cali. Many thanks Darryl

They are plastic OR chrome and they are a snap fit over the solenoid the same one fits all as the starter is about the same on everything from V50 to Cali, even when it swapped from Bosch to the Valeo the cover still fits, early ones were plastic but later Cali ones chromed.

By the way the footboard covers also retro fit older V1000 and T3 cali, IF you have footpegs then the chrome covers from the Calis with footpegs fit just about all bikes, you may need the occasional hole and thread it but easy job.guzzibear2013-01-10 18:44:16

[QUOTE=guzzibear]They are plastic OR chrome and they are a snap fit over the solenoid the same one fits all as the starter is about the same on everything from V50 to Cali, even when it swapped from Bosch to the Valeo the cover still fits, early ones were plastic but later Cali ones chromed.

By the way the footboard covers also retro fit older V1000 and T3 cali, IF you have footpegs then the chrome covers from the Calis with footpegs fit just about all bikes, you may need the occasional hole and thread it but easy job.[/QUOTE]
Thanks very much GB. There is a used one on ebay at £4.50 plus P+P but a new one is only £3.50 more from Gusibits so may go that way after i have placed a wanted AD on here for a week or two. Many thanks Darryl

I had 2 of them painted a plastic one in that chrome paint, looked great but I didn’t clear coat it and as soon as fuel splashed on it …it went yukky but I actually took it off as it kinda didn’t look brill on the older V1000 …I did find out that the V50 thro to the EV cali and maybe beyond are the same part

They are €8.60 brand new from Stein Dinse.

[QUOTE=gtmdriver]

They are €8.60 brand new from Stein Dinse.[/QUOTE]
Thanks

I think you will find them at about that price from all Guzzi outlets.

As I pushed my old one onto my Cali it pushed the TPS out of line, so take care…

Thanks McFuzzi