Rear Drive Oil [Breva 1100]

I know this is an old thread, but has anybody else experienced such oil seepages after just changing oil?The reason I ask is that I once did a change on a Divvy 900 changing the oil used by the previous owner for synthetic thinking I’d be doing the best thing for the bike. It then developed a seep through the seal. After a bit of research I found that this isn’t uncommon when going from mineral oil to synthetic as it can affect seal in different ways.Changing back to mineral based gear oil stopped the leak.hth.

I use Redline V Twin Transmission Oil in both the gearbox and CARC, not only is it synthetic, but it has not leaked a smear, and reduces the clonking on gearchanges etc.
It’s used a lot by our colleagues across the pond.

\

Oh, and the 10mm seal is a fraction of the price of the Guzzi 8mm one, and works just as well. Available from bearing suppliers and BMW dealers.

Another possible cause of the seal weeping is the bearing behind it, which was problematic on early models. Then Guzzi did away with the Polish plasticene version and put a decent SKF one in instead.Brian UK2012-04-22 10:50:37

Some synth does seem to get past some of the Guzzi seals, no idea why. But (Not up on CarC ones) the rear bevel drive on Big Blocks use EP80/90 or plain EP90 with moly additive, every time you do change it after the first coupl of runs while still hot undo the filler and “burp” the bevel box stops oil seepage.

The older small block bikes use 140 oil That there redline oil is real good stuff