Seized rocker cover allen studs

Commiserations.

Apart from which, they’re screwed into alloy which won’t take too much ‘welly’ anyway. Just enough so they’re done up, by hand with the Allen key. Fortunately I’ve not had seized probs with the current bike (I did mention the CD175 didn’t I? ) but a SS screw kit and copper grease would be the proper job I reckon. Did mine this Summer. Tho I suspect some of them already were.

I agree with the never use stud extractors and Brians solution.

Only realistic way to get the hardened broken stud extractor out is with a very tiny dremil grinder and plenty of grinding wheels a cobolt drill will not touch the extractor all it will do is scid off centre and go into the alluminium wrecking it all together hope it comes out

Agree with the problems of internal extractors (particularly for 6mm pins)
There are external extractors available; they have jaws which grip the exposed stud and are turned with a socket drive.
All the best
Steve

Annoyingly after all the good advice I can’t get near it for a few days now. Will post an update when I’ve finally sorted them, without extractors! Thanks again!

also worth trying a 50/50 solution of acetone and brake fluid works better than plus gas

Yes will be worth trying soaking it with something first, leave a few hours, like overnight