Shot shock

Help needed again. Breva1100 . mot man said my shock was shot! Top bush rubber had collapsed. Motoguzzi do not supply this part. And a new shock is£375-vat. The bike has done over 50000miles. guzzishock or after market?
.That is the question. Any thoughts any one. Thanks

Surely, someone somewhere is able to replace a bush, if that’s all it needs?! Encouraged your Breva has happily exceeded 50k though; bodes well for mine! Although I sometimes wonder if I ought to order a spare dash on the basis they may have become unavailable if ever mine needs replacing.

Motocross boys, try googling “motorcycle shock absorber rebuilds” maybe ?..

I am not familiar with the monoshock type bushes, but I bought some shock bushes for my Spada from this guy, he was really helpful and sorted out exactly what I needed:-http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/motorbikeshocksonline

[QUOTE=anthony revell] Help needed again. Breva1100 . mot man said my shock was shot! Top bush rubber had collapsed. Motoguzzi do not supply this part. And a new shock is£375-vat. The bike has done over 50000miles. guzzishock or after market?
.That is the question. Any thoughts any one. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Send it to me and i will make you another out of Brass

hagon shocks are highly recommended, I fitted one to my norge. I had it tailer made to suite my weight( 20st)give them a ring you might be abele to get the bush your after.

after 50000 miles I would have thought the shock would be about shot anyway you probably haven’t noticed the gradual deterioration of the shocks performance there will be a report about nitron shocks in Decembers Gambalunga worth considering as a option if you replace your shock
regards Keith

50 k miles most Jap bike shocks are well spent by then buddy. Hagons are the folk to talk to for a replacement

Yep agree - Showa on my Pan had same problem at 15k kms! Tried to get bush to repair - no go - so went Hagon monoshock route as it is rebuildable. Decided that any company that doesn’t make these sort of parts available don’t get future business. Of course i’ts not something you consider when buying the machine but maybe it should.

“Total cost of ownership” and all that.

Maxton might be able to help? Good company by all accounts, as are Hagons