Spada brake proportioning valve

Still think that’s wrong, you can squeeze a brake lever with your fingers to stop, but I don’t think you will be able to stop by instead squeezing the brake pads together with your fingers, and expecially not at a reduced pressure. (?) I found this: http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/engines-equipment/hydraulic1.htm By the hydraulic multiplication action, pressure at the slave cyl. MUST be higher surely. As it’s a kind of leverage principle. (?) Edit: actually no, the pressure stays the same, but it operates on a larger area than the master, thus is the leverage obtained.
Mike H2014-09-30 15:08:22

When you’ve all finished showing off your physics knowledge what’s the final verdict re what goes where?
are we all of the opinion the top is front brake, the bottom is back brake and it doesn’t matter where the other two go ?

All good threads side track a bit I doubt if the switch has ever been out of mine and it is as follows Top one out of the back takes the hard line up to the front disc,Second (middle one) at the back is the feed in from the master cylinderLower rear one is the switch for the brake light.The one out of the bottom goes to the rear caliper.

That’ll work, but I think depends what will fit where. Like on mine I can’t see the M/C banjo going in the middle, looks like may not bend enough to avoid the switch body.

MANY THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUE CONTRIBUTION