T3 vibes

take it out, get it hot and give it a good hard run up towards the top end of the rev range… sorts my T5’s moments out every time…

Again this is largely due to the individual power pulses being distinguishable so of course it will be more when power is increased. However can also be a sign of a possible imbalance, did I tell you the story (stop me if you’ve heard it) of my Spada when I first had it, after fixing all the destructive bodges caused by a ‘bike shop’ who didn’t know what they were doing (previous owner thought would be a good idea to get it serviced just before selling it), this took a long time; then, just could not get the carbs balanced so it was always rough especially when accelerating. New carbs finally sorted it all out as if by magic. Much later, examining the originals showed that the needle clip slots in the slides were at different heights … as a result, not an ice cream’s chance in a gas oven could those carbs ever be properly balanced.

To be honest I very much doubt after Nigel did the carbs if there is anything amiss in there, maybe just maybe some crap from fuel But the 859-1000cc Guzzid DO tend to smooth out dramatically at around 4000+ rpm, they always have it equates to 75-80 mph on the road, mind you speedos can be well out so there is some leeway .

The obvious things to check to “balance” it are

engine off Open throttles , drop throttle slowly you can hear the slides “click” if there is a discernable double clik then one slide is dropping first, …you can tell which one if you listen…just alter the throttle cable…job done

Make sure the fuel has a X over, there WILL now be all sorts of comments nd folk who have separate fule lines BUT Guzzi use the fuel x over for a reason… IT WORKS

Same with the zorst X over Guzzis NEED one… some Le Mans have 2 of them.

Of course you should know if the jets are the same…easy to check as are the height of the needle jets, I would be totally GOBSMACKED if any of this was awry as Nigel is a real good Guzzi spanner twirler.

One thing if YOU are reading this and think YOU may have a problem but are NOT real sure then …go to your local Branck /Guzzi emporium …get someone else’s opinion, try and get a ride on a similar bike. Many times it is just either lack of experience OR not having any other reference point.

The amount of people who get scared of the V11’s due to the slight missfire in high gear at around 30 mph is amazing…THEY mostly ALL do that at some time. Or the older carb Le mans that gives it LARGE on backfires when opening then closing the throttle especially when cold, enough to make folks dive for cover, they can be truly awesome