V11 clocks, alternative.

Not the best quality video in the world but.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYWyU0O_LLc

Still have some fettling on the mounts to do.Cabernet2014-01-19 19:57:21

Nice job Kevin, what are the details/numbers behind it?Regards,John

???

You mean TransLogic Mini Dash £450 RRP?

Well done for getting your motor rebuilt and your V11 up and running again.

???

You mean TransLogic Mini Dash £450 RRP?[/QUOTE]Does it connect to the bike’s standard sensors for speedo and tacho or are new ones required?Regards,John

[QUOTE=Scousus maximus]

???

You mean TransLogic Mini Dash £450 RRP?[/QUOTE]Does it connect to the bike’s standard sensors for speedo and tacho or are new ones required?Regards,John[/QUOTE]

The speedo measures the an induction across a supplied sensor coil. The induction is cause be the rear disc brake bolts passing by the coil. The rev count is triggered by the coil inputs. The gear indicator is calculated from the road speed and revs. In the video, you can see an “n” for neutral. The temperature gauge is a supplied RTD bolted where ever you like. On the rocker box in my case. Indicates from 40degC.

Hope it’s more waterproof than the Guzzi ones.

Well, an OE speedo chews its’ insides out every 20,000 miles it appears and the rev counters condensate, so I figured I’d try something new. Plus The TransL has a lap counter, variable change up warning lights. The high beam, indicator idiot lights are there too as well as a fuel warning.

Veeery interesting and a cheaper alternative to replacement clocks…hmmmmm niiiiice idea.

Thanks for the positive comments chaps.

The Breva 750 and all the rest of 750 range now have hall effect pickups for the speedo, and they suffer from water ingress, I hoped yours would be better.

Ever the optimist.