V50 II HELP

Help

As you probably have noticed, I am an idiot to add Pictures…
Anyway, here comes my question:
The spacer on the Picture, is it ment to rotate WITH the Wheel - or should it reamain stationary when the bike are driving?
As I see it, it must be the brakepads, that holds the Wheel centered - and not this “spacer”…

Another question: My 1979 Mandello built V50 II has a headlight with four “pins” on the backside - while my manual just mentions 3 “pins”!

The four leads has colors as follows:
A single White/green lead
A double (two leads) Brown - Brown
A double (two leads) Black/White -Black/white
A double (two leads)yellow - yellow

Can anybody help me place those four connections correctly?
The backside of my headlamp:
nearest the ground, two “pins” very close together
On top of them also two “pins” - but with wider Space between.

wheres your brake caliper gone ?

What spacer are you talking about. There is a shoulder on the spindle which buts up against the left side of the wheel. It is held by the nut on the other end. Look at the parts list, it shows all the bits of the rear wheel. But you also need to look at the bevel drive picture too.The cover over the hub (yours has 6 holes in it) is clamped by the wheel spindle so remains stationary.

My brake caliber has not been installed yet - what might puzzle you, is the fact, that I took away the round part of the upper shield - because I like to see the actual brake disc.

About the “spacer”
Mine has 6 home made holes in it, and in the parts list, its actually called a “spacer”…
The center of this “saucer” shaped spacer, rests on the shoulder of the axle, left side - & the circumferance of this “spacer” has a recess, fitting on the hub (left side) of the rear-wheel.
My question (still is): must this “spacer” rotate with the Wheel (because of the recess tight fit on the hub) - OR - must this “spacer” remain stationary??
Also, my question is, what holds the rear-wheel centered?
As I see it, the only thing that keep the Wheel in position, are the brake pads!
Otherwise, the Wheel is free to move to the left!!

And should the Wheel try to move a bit to the left, then the socalled “spacer” will ofcourse be “in the way” - but then it is forced to rotate WITH the Wheel.
Doing that, the center of the “spacer” will turn on the shoulder of the axle - which I cannot understand, since the center contains no bearing of sorts.
Mystery…

As I said above, it should remain stationary.The wheel is clamped to the right hand fork leg when you tighten the spindle nut. The shoulder on the spindle clamps the spacer/hub cover along with the bearing inners and the other spacers between the bearings.If your hub cover/spacer is touching the hub as the wheel rotates, then it is distorted.

Something wrong with it then ~ sounds like spindle is not going through far enough? If it was wheel would be securely centred.

Thank you - it looks like I miss a kind of tube, on the spindle - a tube, sitting inside the cover/“spacer” - & treading on the inner ring of the bearing, Thus keeping the outer ring of the cover, just millimetres away from the hub?
Sounds this OK??
PS, as you can see, the axle is home, at the end of the left leg, the nut fully tightened…

I think I agree with you, it’s as though there’s a bit missing from inside the dished cover. BTW who drilled the holes in it?

PS: is that a separate big washer between the spindle shoulder and the dish?

I am more & more sure, I miss a short tube inside The dish!
Makes sense…
The large washer, isnt a washer, its the end of the dish, and has looked like this all the time.

The holes?
Made by myself, just to made the thing look better.
No technical reason, whatsoever…

There is no short tube inside the dish (referred to as Shim E in the workshop manual picture), it presses directly on the wheel bearing.You could try putting a thin washer in there to add some space, you shouldn’t need more than 1mm.It does sound to me that the dish is distorted. Either that or there is something horribly wrong with the wheel bearing position in the hub.
Brian UK2013-12-08 09:23:54

Fortunately, nothing is “horribly wrong”!
To day, sunday, I found out why the disc wouldnt really remain stationary…
By adding a narrow 2 mm thick shim, the problem went away.
This 2 mm shim have the same diameter, as the inner race of the roller bearing inside the leftside hub, so when you tighten the right side nut, the disc are squeezed between the shoulder on the axle, and the end of the shim, resting on the inner race.
Job done.

Oo-er. You are sure there is nothing wrong with the bearing?

It is possible that the dish is dished a bit more than it should be. If so, adding a 2mm washer will not cause any problems.