V65 Carb Lighter Springs

I have fitted lighter throttle springs from Dellorto.

They are about 4cm longer than the ones that came out and don’t seem any better (lighter).

Anyone done something similar?

stuart

Really late reply, i know. Just passing on my experience. Back in the day my new '81 Monza had springs in the 28mm ph’s that needed lightening. The advice  then, as now, is to carefully remove them and cut the spring down by a couple of coils, in exactly the same place, on each one.Â
I know, not the safety police version but it worked, just don’t cut off too many coils and make sure the cables are freely routed and lubricated. :neutral_face:

@ Stuart: sounds like previous owner has put in lightened springs before you!

my v65tt had heavy throttles, springs seemed very light in comparison to my v35’s

after much fiddling and new throttle cables it dawned on me that the adjusted on the bottom of the grip was touching the throttle cam/barrel  ( under the grip body)

loosed two turns and throttle back to normal

Ah the friction screw thingy! So’s you can take your hand off and the throttle won’t slam closed! My Tomaselli twin-pull had one, now that you mention it ~ it quickly got removed and junked.

Ah yes…for limp wristed people who o ly use empty motorways…

Right up my street in fact.

I thought the original idea of it was so you could take your hand off to do a right hand signal and not get sudden engine braking with only one remaining hand holding the bars

use mine to increase idle if im warming engine up over winter , its really useful for holding throttle steady when balancing the carbs :slight_smile:

I thought the original idea of it was so you could take your hand off to do a right hand signal and not get sudden engine braking with only one remaining hand holding the bars

On the older bikes I have where hand signals are de rigueur I just swap my left hand on to the throttle whilst I’ve got my right arm trafficating.

Whilst patting yer head and rubbing yer belly at the same time… :laughing:

I wasn’t going to comment, but yes yikes!
Â