V85 - can't they add MORE plastic cladding?

“On its way to the future” Guzzi say… do I have to put up with their advertising vomit?

I would have thought, wth all the plastic packaging recycling issues these days (plus the issues raised by Grenfell tower - ie. in style over substance), that Guzzi would have cut back a bit on the V85 plastic cladding, advertised on the English language Guzzi website.

Stupid marketing shot, we all know this bike would be at the bottom of that gully in a heap (where it belongs?).

Apart from all the added plastic rubbish stuck randomly all over the bike, and the Postman Pat scaffolding frame, and a front brake master cylinder which looks like it’s waiting to be snapped off brushing against the first twig, and the really TERRIBLE gushing advertising content (who writes that asinine mid-atlantic guff at Guzzi, do they take barbituates then use Google Translate several times?), do we really think many of these v85s will ever be sold? It’s a kind of Champs Elysee trailie that was designed for Paris, 10 years ago. Dakar - no chance!

Quotie: “The new V85 is dedicated to all those bikers who like to point their finger on the map and leave without stopping when the asphalt ends.” … Right. Which we all know is utter crap. They obviously don’t test in in England’s muddy countryside in February. We all know this bike will never go off-road.

I’m not sure what’s the point of this bike. It’s yet another marketing excercise over substance, recycling the same old stuff, just adding tons of plastic cladding.

Jon

Hi Jon,
The short answer on ‘marketing guff’ is ‘no you don’t have to put up with it’. Simply avoid the Piaggio/Moto Guzzi website and press releases.
The bike isn’t to everyone’s taste and I suspect that this has been the fate of many products over the years.
Quite a few people saying that they will be buying when it’s released in 2019-2020. Time will tell.
As I was once advised ‘Design innovation is not always popular. Lack of innovation is unacceptable from any designer or engineer.’
All the best
Steve

At the mo what you’re looking at is a “concept” so we’re not even sure what it’s actually going to look like yet.

Like I said…

Still valid

I can’t work out if Jon is ahalf empty glass or a troll. Seems unhappy with every topic he writes of.

I hada good look at a V9 recently and was most disappointed. it looked like a poorly done home build. The tank and seat don’t even fit to the frame rails. Very poor in my opinion. I hope the V85 is a bit better put together.

[/quote] I can’t work out if Jon is ahalf empty glass or a troll. Seems unhappy with every topic he writes of.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Having seen the V85 in the flesh, I think it is the best thing I have seen from MG in the last few years. Its just a pity we have to wait for it. Can we have a 1200 version as well please MG?

I can’t work out if Jon is ahalf empty glass or a troll. Seems unhappy with every topic he writes of.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. [/quote]
Perhaps his skills would be more suited to the VMCC forum. :open_mouth:

Yep…

Plastic is strong, light, does not corrode, and can be formed to any shape or colour. We will have to put up with tons of plastic cladding, it is the way things will move in the future, however if you like old fashioned heavy, rustable pressed metal panels, like the ones on, for example, a Convert, then you should fit in well here in this place, where modern ideas, like video and digital versions of Gambalunga on the forum will take a while to catch up with the modern facebook style thermoplastic Utopia.

I’ll get my coat… :smiley:

My hero!
Don’t get your coat just yet Chris.
Have fun
Steve

I quite like the look of the V85 myself, though I’d not consider it the tool of choice for heading far off road on one. On talk of plastics, give other issues that are widely talked of I’d prefer the tank to be steel.

But as I’ll never buy a new(ish) Guzzi ever again it’s all a bit unlikely.

I like it and will buy one if it comes out.
If I was going off road it has too many lumps and 500 cubes too many.
Like the 750 Breva it is semi trail configured for looks and works for me.

[quote=“JonValentine”
I’m not sure what’s the point of this bike. It’s yet another marketing excercise over substance, recycling the same old stuff, just adding tons of plastic cladding.

Jon[/quote]
Moto guzzi have survived for over 50 years by doing this.
I doubt it will come with a plastic tank .

Is it me or has it suddenly got a bit more interesting on here?

:bulb: :slight_smile:
Steve

Sorry I forgot my coat :smiley:

Glad to hear it Chris… :wink:

We’ve hidden it so that you’ll have to stick around :slight_smile:
Steve