07 norge t bowing fuses

I am asking this on behalf of a member without a pc; He has an 07 Norge T that has a problem with the fuse. On start up it blows the 15amp starter relay fuse. If he changes the fuse it starts, runs ok until stopped, on starting the problem re-occurs, once he changes the fuse it will start. This happens every time! Please can you help???

found this on guzzi technorge had a dead
short and was blowing the injector fuse because the left injector wire
had been routed in such a way that it was pressed against the back of
the cylinder head, where it melted/wore through. It was pressed there
by an emissions vent tube running over it, which in turn was pressed by
the air box. With the wire rerouted and with some additional insulation,
the Norge is running great again.this may or may not help but it sounds like you have a chaffed wire on the loom

also found this

2008 MOTO GUZZI NORGE MOTORCYCLE RECALL - #08V305000
RECALL FOR EXTERIOR LIGHTING : HEADLIGHTS
PIAGGIO IS RECALLING 646 MY 2007-2008 MOTO GUZZI NORGE 1200
MOTORCYCLE MODELS EQUIPPED WITH TRIOM HEADLIGHTS, LOW BEAM BULB AND
HEADLIGHT REFLECTORS. THE HEADLIGHT LOW BEAM BULB HAS A “PIGTAIL” WIRE
ATTACHED TO IT. THIS WIRE CONNECTS THE LOW BEAM BULB TO THE
MOTORCYCLE’S WIRING HARNESS. IT MAY TOUCH THE HARDWARE USED TO SECURE
THE BULB IN THE REFLECTOR. OVER TIME AND VIBRATION THE INSULATION MAY
WEAR THROUGH CAUSING THE DIRECT SHORT TO GROUND. THIS SHORT CAUSES THE
MOTORCYCLE’S MAIN FUSE TO BLOW AND ALL ELECTRICAL POWER TO THE
MOTORCYCLE TO STOP.

FFS can’t anyone look on this forum?http://motoguzziclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8299

Link is inaccessible, might be because I have not yet been given member rights?

Link works fine.If you are a club member, please let the webmaster know, none of us can read minds.

grumpy bugger today arnt we,get out of bed the wrong side

Hi BrianI am logged on but still cant get into link.Oh and i have been a club member for nearly 30 years,
welshrarebit2012-11-23 16:50:16

I have to log in again with that link, then after log in I get back to the forum index Chris750s2012-11-23 16:52:50

I have the same problem as the other guys. Link tells me I do not have access rights even though I’m logged in.

Haywards had a similar problem on a Norge after much scratching of heads and many replacement parts I told them about an artilce re a Norge in France that blew fuses it turned out to be the headlight unit. So recall is the answer go to your nearset Guzzi dealer for them to sort it

Maybe we need a grumpy bastard section. How many would join

Look in the FAQ section at the Click, no crank thread.I thought I would make it easy by posting the link, but sometimes this forum software gets the better of all of us.If it’s blowing the start relay fuse, which also takes out the sidelights, then it is this problem.I did start the FAQ section to be able to avoid typing the whole thing out each time, I spend enough time here as it is, but it seems no-one ever looks there, so we might as well delete it.

We could invite Baldrick.

I don’t know if you are serious but IMHO this would be a pity to do this on the basis of this type of glitch. FAQ’s often take time to get embedded in use and need to be given time.

In this particular case, following your “FFS…” post and my continued inability to access the link you gave I searched on “Norge” and “fuse” and didn’t get much and no link to “Click no Crank” which covers solenoid problems but, for example, no reference to the problems with cable routing near the headlamp which some of the posts here have indicated could be the source of the problem. These things can take some time to bed in and develop. Give it time I suggest.

The problem in the headlight is the wire on the H3 main beam bulbs. This can wear through and touch the casing, causing a short. This will not blow the start relay fuse, but will blow one of the larger main fuses. The solution to this is to get some sleeving and slide it over the wire, adding an extra layer of protection.The problem with low voltage supply to the start relay will quite often blow the start relay fuse and is resolved by replacing the yellow wire to the start relay with a new wire direct from the battery positive, preferably via an inline 15A fuse.As also stated in that thread I also found that the grease in the starter solenoid was very sticky and could stop full movement of the plunger, which in turn will also blow that fuse. The cure is to remove the solenoid from the starter motor, clean the plunger and lubricate with oil before reassembling. By the way, my first response was more aimed at those who replied, who linked to external sources of information. Very frustrating when I have put so much time into building up this forum to contain as much information as possible. The reason why the FAQ thread is not labelled Norge is because this issue is common to all the new models, indeed it is an issue which has plagued Guzzi for 30 years.

I have found sometimes you have to physically log into members area, maybe due to cleaning cookies or something. Sometimes I have had to log off the forum then re log in manually as opposed to the auto log in to the forum.
But hey I am not ANY sort of 'puter expert…far from it