100 years 15th March.

Monday the 15th is the true birthday of the centenary of the foundation of the company.
Pinched from that all knowing source of information, Wikipedia…
"Carlo Guzzi and Giorgio Parodi, along with Giorgio’s brother Angelo, created a privately held silent partnership “Società Anonima Moto Guzzi” on 15 March 1921, for the purpose of (according to the original articles of incorporation) "the manufacture and the sale of motor cycles and any other activity in relation to or connected to metallurgical and mechanical industry".
I know we are all in lock down, but I might just have take the little Stornello out for a centennial ride around the town to fetch some milk.

Happy birthday Moto Guzzi!
Here’s to many more years to come!
Steve

Hi Don
I think thats an execellent idea if i get some free time i will get my stornello out and take a ride up to my local bikers tea hut.

Hi all,
We are planning a Moto Guzzi run from Johannesburg to the Italian Cub in Pretoria (about 50kms) on Sunday 14th.
We have an indication that 120 people will be attending along with 62 Moto Guzzis.
Not too shabby for the tip of Africa.
Should be a good day, I’ll post some photos.

Cheers

Phil

Some great photographs circulating from antipodean 100th anniversary runs. Plenty of sun and lots of Guzzis.
We have it all to look forward to!

Took the Stornello out for a little run out around the local lanes in celebration. First time I’ve been out on 2 wheels this year.

20210315_172955 by Don West, on Flickr

Hi all,

As mentioned earlier we had celebrations for the 100th year in Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town on Sunday 14th March. There were just over 100 Moto Guzzis on the road. The largest contingent took part in the run from the importers in Johannesburg through to the Italian Club in Pretoria. A short video can be found on youtube on Moto Guzzi Centenary Celebration and Mass Ride in SA - YouTube

Cheers

Phil

Hi all,
I’m not sure if you all are aware of the Piaggio web based magazine, Wide. it can be found at https:/wide.piaggiogroup.com It has some good articles on the new bikes, Moto GP news with Aprillia, and a couple of recent covering Moto Guzzi centenary celebrations.

Cheers

Phil