1200 GRiSO for sale 2009 White Rollerised

I got just under £3000 for a quiet clean 43,000 mile bike
So it seems that a well sorted GRiSO is a bit of a bargain right now

Rollerised (genuine buyer will be shown the roller tappets)

Fully serviced (service record will be supplied)

Mods

1. Suspension spring rates corrected (softer front & firmer rear) to suit a 100kg rider
  2. Dart Marlin screen
  3. Original silencer & Guzzi sport pipe included
  4. heated grips
  5. spotlights
  6. led headlight
  7. 2 keys and original books
  8. Seat re-upholsted for 10hr days
  9. New tyres
  10. recent pads all round
  11. Startus Interruptus Fix done,
  12. Lighter clutch (Oberon Clutch command cylinder)
  13. Suspension links changed 12,000ml ago and re-greased every 6k

I live in a city and it’s weight in traffic (plus comments from the pillion) have driven me to find my next bike - I am going to miss it.

Hello my name is martyn

I was thinking of buying a griso and would be interested in your feedback as an owner plus what problems your pillion found

Kind regards
Martyn

Welcome Spannerford.
The 850 and 1100 GRiSO are traditional relaxed 2 valve head Guzzi s. The Nouvo 6 speed is better than older Guzzi gearboxes, they have a 2 plate clutch which can be rattley and apparently can wear out 20-30k miles.

The 1200 has a much more urgent, powerful (95hp) engine with a 4 valve high-cam head.

Later models have roller cam followers and are reliable. Earlier models have bucket followers which lose their DLC coating and wear away. The DLC coating particles apparently get through the filter and can trash the bottom end.
The early ones can be converted to roller followers but it is very expensive and parts to do it are getting rare.

So if you want a 1200 it MUST be rollerised. You can see when the rocker boxes are lifted.

On all models suspension linkages are low and wear away unless greased annually.

All models suffer from the Guzzi starting weakness “startus inrerruptus” but this can be fixed quite easily.

500 mile a day bike for a 5 ft 19 in 15 stone guy. If the seat is reupholsteref you get s 250ml happy pillion 47mpg when remapped.

More advice if needed sorry for any bloopers, typed on my phone

Also
The 1200s went back to a single plate clutch lasts 60-80k miles

The handling is excellent AFTER the sring rates are reset

Thanks for the advice ,will keep on looking

Selling without the dealer’s help now so reduced to £5000

Updating the post