1200 sport fork seals

Hi,
Has anyone had trouble installing pyramid brand fork seals on the 1200 sport? I’ve double checked for dirt and damage but can’t seem to press the seal in to the proper depth below the recess for the retaining clip.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks!

On my GRiSO there is a spacer washer under the fork spring. Called “the ring” in the manual.
It is like an aluminium washer.

Btw i ended up changing to skf seals as they had less stiction

Ah ok I’ll double check the parts diagram for the exploded view and see if I’ve missed something! I’ll check out SKF seals too and maybe get some of those.
Thanks!

My SKF ones were the same size as the old ones and required the wahser-ring-thing. One set i bought were longer and didn’t.

I checked stiction with a spring balance - fork dry, no spring and horizontal in the vice - Kg to start it moving vs kg to keep it moving.

Interesting, I might have a look on their website then! Fingers crossed that’s gonna be the solution :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

Just thought I should update this in case anyone else is having troubles.
The pyramid brand seals are indeed the wrong size. Also it is worth noting that in the workshop manual for the 1200 sport 2v, the section on front suspension is actually for a different bike.

Just to say I have used the Pyramid seal kits a couple of times now with no issues

Hi All, am I being daft, or is there some way to select the bike that you want parts for on the Pyramid website? At the first look, the website could be very useful for all those bits and pieces that I will need now and in future.

Cheers, Bob

Oh! Perhaps they were listed incorrectly when I got them. (Not direct from pyramid) Whoops!

I usually go on Fleabay and search

moto guzzi 1200 sport fork selas for sale | eBay

Yeah that’s what I did actually. Maybe I just got unlucky!