17/03/24 Away meet

Due to Mothering Sunday, we are moving the meet to the 17th and to the “Cookhouse & Pub” in Gargrave, just of the A65. Gathering around 9am. Please let us know you are coming.

With 7 E-confirmations on Saturday lunch time, I took a punt and confirmed a dozen places for our Sunday breakfast meet at our one time venue. Arriving at 0845 on my V11, the car park was a little lonely, but just before 0900 Slick pulled up in is enclosed Honda quad. Quickly followed by cheefie on his cali (or T3) complete with fantastic tank fonts and Le Mans Tony (only energetically on a Brompton!). We went into the Anchor and settled in. It was not long before V7 Stumpy rode in, then two newbies rode in, being Stelvio Steve and real Breva Graeme. Simon rocked up pillion in Phillipa’s enclosed Suzuki Quad. Then somewhere along the time T3 Cookie, 1/8L Virago Zac and Ian Griso rolled in. So by my count, the punt of a dozen was solid.

Breakfast was indulged in and we got to know the newbies a bit. On leaving, GarGrave lived up to it’s name with Griso Ian suffering a flat tyre ( likely spoke seal) and V7 Stumpy being plagued by an ignition fault that looks to be ECU related and may have needed breakdown recovery. Griso Ian was saved by Simon’s portable compressor and hopefully made it home OK.

Graeme, cheefie , Zac and I carried on up to the Settle cheese shop and reunited with Phillipa and Simon. Then Graeme and I took a return excursion through the “Trough o Bowland”. The Breva’s nimble handling and compliant suspension was well able to maintain the touring pace of my V11 on the bumpy twisty lanes in the Trough on all but the straightest of stretches and Graeme prove a pleasure to ride with.

Thanks for the company folks. Next meeting 14/04/2024 back at Hamish’s (Least I hope so) .