1973 Eldorado throttle cables

Took my carbs off and disassembled and cleaned everything.
Back on the bike and the “Carbtune” gauge I ordered arrived yesterday, so that’s a job for next week sometime.

While putting the carbs back on though, I noticed one of the cables was quite frayed.
This bike has a Tommaselli throttle with dual cables that go directly to the carbs. No splitter under the tank. Anything I’ve looked at this evening has a single cable with a splitter under the tank, and then a shorter cable to each carb.
Wondering if anyone knows a part number for these longer dual cables ?

Searching the forum finds someone recommending a company called Venhill.

Will I have to remove the cables, measure them and get copies made ?
Or is there a Guzzi part number ?

Thanks.

I don’t know who wrote that post, but I did the same with my 850GT.
I’ll try and find what I sent to Venhill.
They also sell universal kits if you just want to try and replace the inner cables.
Ian P

1 Like

ranton_rambler

Aug '14

My Eldo has a Tomaselli grip with twin cables. I replaced the original cables with Venhill copies which are much lighter to operate. I gave them the dimensions. Adjusters at both ends, but I just put the ones at the grip roughly in the middle and did all the setting-up at the carbs. Guzziology lists the cable details of what was originally fitted if you want them.

It was you Ian in 2014 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Here’s what I sent to Venhill. First time I’ve attached photos here so hopefully has worked.
Ian

“Pair of identical throttle cables
Total length 1015mm
955 ferrule-ferrule
80mm travel”

1 Like

And this is what Guzziology says “Most of these bikes have a single cable at the throttle that splits under the tank. The lower cables
(l2l I 7501) are the samei n all cases.T he upper cable for civilian models (mediumh andlebars)is
#1260 7500 while for police models (high bars) it’s #1360 7540. Late Eldorados and 850 GTs
used a dual-cable throttle and may have Dell’Orto VHB or Amal carbs. Cables (1311 7541) are
available from Moto Guzzi although the last few we received had insufficient inner cable freeplay.
We instead sell aftermarket cables for this application. For a dual-cable Eldorado with VHB carbs
and short bars, we offer the cables ( 13 11 7 565) from the non-US 850 GT.”

1 Like

Thanks for all that info, and the photos.

Mine is a police bike. Some previous owner has replaced the handlebars with the lower civilian ones, but it looks like they left all the original cables on.
Currently debating whether to search for some police handlebars.