Any comments would be appreciated please - there is a similar question from 2015 which appears unanswered?
I did not know there was a Breva V50 - thought the 750 was smallest see this site for details https://www.autoevolution.com/moto/moto-guzzi/breva/ Presumably someone could have replaced a v75 engine with a v50?
I can measure the seat height of my 1979 V50 for you but it’s not a Breva
Stand down everybody, somehow Breva got inserted but yes please, what is a V50 seat height please? I’ve a 34 inch so would it be too cramped for me ?
Seat height is 30” so it is low but I’m 6’1” and don’t find the riding position cramped. I haven’t ridden it yet (nearly restored) but the position feels very similar to my 1982 Suzuki GS550 despite the seat being lower and I’m happy to sit on that for a couple hours at a time.
Thank you for your reply - may I ask one more question please, my right leg is a 33" with a poorly flexible knee, loads of bikes defeat me because of flex at braking time!
I’ve got a 34” inside leg and sitting on the bike, my knee is less bent than my other bikes (Yam Tracer 9GT and Suzuki GS550E) and I have the brake pedal set fairly low and it’s not a stretch to get a foot on it. From what I’ve read, you will use the foot brake a lot on these because of the linked braking system and fairly useless hand operated brake although I think that could easily be upgraded with a decent master cylinder mounted on the bars instead of under the tank and operated by a cable from the lever.
One would struggle to receive a more comprehensive reply, so thank you kindly Sir!
To avoid confusion I have removed the word “Breva” from the title for you. If you would like to do this yourself in future just click on the title and edit, then confirm by clicking on the tick icon immediately below.
Best wishes Chris