2.50-18 and 2.75-18 tyres

Sadly, the Pirelli that came on my 235 Lodola has cracks in a couple of places on the sidewall, though there’s loads of tread left - what a waste. I’ve seen on Ebay in particular that you can get the ribbed 2.50-18 for about 18 to 20 pounds, think the make is Cougar.

What are you using on your singles?

Feked.com do a ‘budget’ range. I bought tyres, tubes and rim tapes from them - about seventy quid inc tax and shipping. The front tyre was about £17 I think.
Nice to see the clip on your blog by the way.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I did look at feked.com but thought it was a bit more than other sellers, but just by a few quid. Yes, the 175 belonged to a friend in Italy. I’d like to keep it, looks great and the motor sounds nice, but think I will end up selling to finance my ‘project Lodola street scrambler’…italianmotor2013-03-09 19:41:09

I spoke to my local bike shop about a couple of 275 x17 tyres for the Stornello and they wanted £34-00 each for ME22 Metzellers I think. Not really a traditional tread pattern that I wanted but should be good for grip. I am similarly thinking about which way to go. Most ebay sellers add quite a bit for postage and it brings it up close to the shop price, plus he will fit them for me for a fiver if I buy them from him.

I’ll be selling the bike on eventually so want it to look traditional, so I was thinking one of these: front tyre

Sounds like a decent price, and for fitting too. I get my local bloke to fit the bigger V twin tyres, but do the littl’uns myself. Only occasionally nip the tube!

[QUOTE=Don-Spada] I spoke to my local bike shop about a couple of 275 x17 tyres for the Stornello and they wanted £34-00 each for ME22 Metzellers I think. Not really a traditional tread pattern that I wanted but should be good for grip. I am similarly thinking about which way to go. Most ebay sellers add quite a bit for postage and it brings it up close to the shop price, plus he will fit them for me for a fiver if I buy them from him.

[/QUOTE]

I have just got a pair of budget Cougar tyres from Brooks Barn, about £15 for the front 2.75 x 17 and 3.00 x 17 on the rear for £18 , plus tubes plus £5.50 postage.They are black and round, the tread pattern is a very good match to the original, they say made of nylon??? If you order of their website rather than ebay, you only pay one delivery charge, it works out a bit cheaperTime will tell, I doubt the massive 7hp output from the Stornello will cause to much trouble with wheel spin or power slides.Fitted today and so far holding pressure. They certainly look right.

Don-Spada2013-05-04 19:42:49

Yeah, they look like the ones. The front, same as I bought, looks properly period, as does the back. My Stornello 160 is wearing all knobblies though, looks great. Hope to have it running very soon…