2018 V9 Roamer. Help and advice please.

Hi all,
I’m looking for some help and advice please on the 2018 V9 Roamer.
I’m currently looking at one on the Internet (lockdown restrictions forbidding a visit at the moment) but I really like what I see. This has also got the aftermarket flatter side panels fitted. I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh though so have never ridden one either.
I would certainly welcome any feedback from V9 Roamer owners please on what they are really like to own and ride.

Also, it true that the seat height was raised by 10mm for the 2017 model year to 785mm?

The reason I ask is my wife, Sharon, rides a 2015 V7ii Stone with the lowered seat at 770mm. She has a 30" inside leg measurement. The plan behind the Roamer is for us to be able to ride both bikes and I’m just concerned if the Roamer will be a little too tall for her but again, the Roamers seat profile could also be a factor.

Any help and advice will be great fully appreciated.

Many thanks.
Stuart Allen.

Hi,
I have a 2017 Roamer, I Love her, I bought her 2 years ago with 900 miles on clock, in my first year I did 5000 miles, in my second year I only did 1000 miles only reason for less miles was because I have been in and out of Hospital, I am a short arse with a bad back??? and can get both feet flat down, When I can get out I don’t want to go home, I can get 70-75 mpg, I have the 2 part comfort seat so don’t know anything about seat hights? All I can say is when this Virus is sorted go to a Guzzi dealer or a shop with a Roamer for sale and ask for a test ride, I have had Guzzi’s since the late 70s and loved then all but this Roamer is the Best I have had, Good Luck.
Regards Des.

Hi Des,
Thanks for getting back to me. It’s really encouraging to read that you love your Roamer and stirs me on to get one. Real life feedback like yours is a 100% better than the stereotype journal reports. I have read several of these and the stated seat height published ranges from 755mm to 818mm!!!
Apoolgies if I appear rude, too personal or forthright but can I ask what your inside leg measurement is please?
My wife has a 30 inch inside leg measurement.
Is your Roamer the further forward footrest model or the later type and do you have any pictures of her?

Many thanks.
Kind regards,
Stuart.

Hi Stuart,
My inside leg is 28in ish? The footreasts on mine are the later type, I think but don’t quote me the forward type were on the 2016 model and mostly on the Bobber, in 2016 you could only get a test ride on the Bobber and for ME I liked the forward type, As soon as I got mine it was about a 100 mile ride home and soon got used to the new type, My handbook say’s 785mm seat hight for Roamer and 780mm for Bobber, If you look in Gambalunga the White Roamer in Marketplace is mine, Only reason it’s for sale is because I need a 3rd wheel ie a Combination and plan A is to sell and buy a ready made combo, Plan B is the plan I am looking to do is buy a Sidecar to fix to Roamer, My only problem is my back will Not let me do the fixing so would have to get some friends to come and help, Hope this helps,
Des.

Hi Des,
Thank you so much for getting back to me.
Yes I saw your Roamer in Gambalunga. It’s very nice indeed. If I didn’t have a bike to P/X then I would have been in touch.
How are you getting on in your quest for a sidecar for the Roamer?
Well a 2018 Roamer arrived at my house yesterday and I waved bye bye to my old bike. This was the first time I’d actually seen it in the flesh. And what a bike it is!
I did manage a small ride out last night to get some fuel. The handling is first class. I’d read several reports of the Pirelli Sport Demons causing white lining issues. Never experienced this either. She’s fitted with Agostini Silencers which sound awesome.
When my wife got home she had a sit the bike but could only just get the tips of her toes down so she’s not keen on riding it at the moment. So today I ordered the Lowrider seat like yours so she should definitely get her feet down then. I was told by the dealer that it reduces the height by 25mm, which will take it to 760mm.

Kind regards,
Stuart.

Hi Stuart,
Glad you got a Roamer and hope you both will Love it, I hope you both enjoy riding it as much as I have with mine, The Pirelli sport Demons on mine have been no problem at all, I have been offered a Sidecar and as soon as this Virus is sorted I am hoping to get it??
Des.

Hi again Stuart,
I forgot to ask what area of Lincolnshire are you, If you are North you will be both welcome to pop-in to our Danum Branch meetings when they start-uo again, If not hope to meet-up somewere sometime,
Des.

Hi Des,
Great to read that you’ve got a sidecar sorted for your Roamer. That will be some outfit once it’s all sorted.
Fingers crossed that it won’t be too long now before you. can get it.
We live in a village just west of Grimsby. I used to work in Doncaster so it’s an easy run from here. When do you hope to get the branch up and running again?
Kind regards,
Stuart.

Hi Stuart,
I don’t know at the moment when we are getting the meetings started again it will depend on Roy and June giving me the go ahead to put a date in Forum Branch details on here, Only a estimated guess but around August time??? We do have a couple who come from Grimsby to our meetings and ride-outs,
Des.

Thanks Des,
Please let me know when the branch re opens.
Interesting to read that there is a couple from Grimsby come over to your branch. I can’t recall seeing any other Guzzi’s in this area.

Kind regards,
Stuart.

Hi Stuart,
Will do, She rides a Very nice Red V50,
Des.