2023 V7 Special Bitubo suspension upgrade

Hi. I’ve got a 2023 V7 850 Special. I’m a very light rider and so the stock suspension just wasn’t working - it was like riding a bike without any suspension. I’ve changed both the front and rear suspension to Bitubo units. The front is more comfortable now but the rear end still feels like I’m riding a bike with a solid rear end. It’s so bad that it’s making my kidneys ache and I’m occasionally bounced right out of the seat. The rear shocks have preload and rebound adjustments. I’ve tried both adjustments in a wide range of settings but nothing seems to soften the rear end. I’ve even wound the preload off so far that the suspension almost hits the bump stops so I know that the suspension is working, so why does the ride feel so hard? If anyone has fitted Bitubo units to their V7 or have any ideas what I can do to improve things, I’d love to hear about it. Thanks.
Tony

I think hagon will make you shocks built to match yout body weight, i read it somewhere im sure. Might be worth a phone call.

Hi Sparkieb. Thanks for your reply. I did speak to Hagons last year but they had nothing that would fit the 850 V7. However, it’s probably worth giving them another call just in case things have changed.
Cheers
Tony

1 Like