Annual Service requirements..............

Afternoon all, Booked my V85 Centuriono in for its annual service. Its a year old and got 1400 on the clock.
Garage asked if i need valves done as part of service? Could someone let me know what is required for annual service as mileage pretty low.
Main reason im having done is for warranty.
Also can anyone recommend extended warranty company and if value for money or necessary for Guzzis?
Much appreciated, Tonybrode

Hmmm. Good luck with the warranty if your “garage” don’t know the valve service intervals!

Valves check due at 6,000 miles - so not required in your case.

Much appreciated. Having just transferred from Jap bikes was unsure; as dealership said that some bikers requested on annual services.

The only annual item is engine oil and filter change + a general check over. See pages 109-111 of the v85tt Use + Maintenance Book that comes with the bike.

Thanks for that. Appreciate the heads up re page number as well for schedules. Tonybrode

1 Like

I have 14k miles on mine so it will be up for it’s 3rd 6k service soon, it’s 18 months old. at the last service i requested bevel box oil changed even though this isn’t due until 18k, it added less than £2 to the overall cost so i think I’ll get that done every 6k as a precaution since its cheap. I’ve attached 12 month service items shown by the app. I’ve not done a 12 month service myself because i hit the 6k interval before this anyway and it includes everything from the 12 month one.

1 Like

Ideal, didnt realise that could be done by the app? Ill take a look at that and enquire with delearship as to cost of additions, cheers Tonybrode

it’s just an optional maintenance record you can add, and it then reminds you when a service interval is coming up and what items need checked. once the interval has passed it asks if you had it completed each time you connect to the bike, to update the record. you can add in previous entries manually if you need to.

the app has a lot more in it than the manual tells you about, it’s worth delving into it and playing around with the options.

Every days a school day, much appreciated

My Guzzi dealer told me the valves needed setting at its first service on my V85TT, and to be checked and set when engine cold, so I’ve been told to take it in day before, so by next day, the engine is stone cold ,

Funnily enough mine too. Do you use Sp exeter by any chance?

No, Teasdale at Thirsk, who do have a good name for knowledge of the brand, and servicing, so I’m happy for them to do it, it’s no bad thing checking them anyway

Bought from Teasdale before and totally agree. Gives me hope for my local Guzzi delearship. Thanks for the reply. Tonybrode