Another new member from Cheshire

Hi All,

Owned my Guzzi 1 month now, Sport 1100ie. Love riding the bike and I live very near Oulton Park, so first weekend of owning went to the BSB race.
I’ve wanted a Sport 1100i for years, finally I had the money saved and one popped up! Challenge number 1 is getting a rear paddock stand, didn’t realise it was such a challenge! Is there anyway that bobbins can be fitted on the swing arm?

Hope to meet up on ride outs and cafe runs, will probably have my trusty pillion with me as well :grinning:

cheers,
Hoppy

3 Likes

Cor
thats cracking
I would keep that in the front room !

1 Like

That is a fantastic bike. Welcome

1 Like

Thanks all, slowly learning about it. I even found I didn’t have to drop the sump to change the oil filter the other day :joy:

Still looking for a paddock stand, they are pricey that’s for sure

You might find one advertised in the club magazine
if not a good fabrication shop should be able to make you one

ps install a tracking device
its nickable

1 Like

Abba make / made one. I have bobbins for the Sportie and the V7 (Ducati ones fit).
Try them - they will be best for advice.

Congratulations on the acquisition. The Staffordshire Branch have quite a few people from Cheshire among our regulars. We have regular daytime meets and branch meetings in Kidsgrove 1st Wednesday of the month and Rode Heath on the 3rd Wednesday.

1 Like

Thanks, with current work won’t be able to make mid-week meets, but weekends should be do-able

1 Like

Hi, this was their reply:

Hi, we don’t list a fitting kit for this model however if there is an accessible swing-arm pivot on each side of the bike and you can send us pictures of the swing-arm pivot on each side along with the nut/allen key/hole dimensions we can see if we have fittings available to suit.

Please bear in mind that we can only supply fittings that would fit the swing-arm pivot and cannot advise if the stand/sky lift would be suitable for this model as there are many different factors which dictate the fitment on each particular model. These things can only be checked by having the bike ourselves to test. It would be down to you to decide if the stand/lift would work on this model. For this reason, we cannot accept used parts for return in these instances. Unused items can be returned for a full refund.