Back brake problems

Now the lockdown is slowly coming off watch your brakes I’ve had a few problems over the past four and a half years of owning a Cali 1400 had to renew one of the front discs first time out on the bike in 3 months the back brake pads stuck on again had to release the back caliper nippel to free it off get the bike home then clean the caliper lube the Pistons with Acf 50 then try again I just put it down to the bike not being used so watch your brakes .

Hi Del,
I remember seeing posts from you before about rear brake problems and extremely short pad life. I’ve never had a problem with mine although I have not covered as many kilometers as you. Just a thought, have you had a diagnostic check carried out on the bike? I am wondering if there is a not a problem with the Traction Control or ABS system whereby the rear brake system is being pressurised by a fault within the ECU or ABS cluster or even the rear brake master cylinder.
Cheers
Phil

I’m going to go to Get the bike checked at Jim Allens once the lockdown is lifted fed up having to take the panniers of to get to the caliper the master cylinder could be goosed also it’s only half an hour up the road .

Jim Allens in Falkirk fixed the back brake it was the Master Cylinder tryed it out on a run down to see an old friend 600mls no problems with the Master Cylinder the ABS sensor Failed thought luckily I had one sitting there it was the front this time bit of a pig to fit a mass of wires to search through you have to take front panel under the right hand side of the petrol tank off if your speedo stops working its the back one that has gone all the best out there First Club meet in September hope to see most of the Scottish mob there .