Bike will not run, assistance required

Who would have thought? Yes, check the little hole in the filler cap isn’t blocked either, I’ve been caught out by the old ‘blocked tiny hole in the filler cap and my bike won’t run’ ruse in the past.

Yeh over the years I have come across many funny faults the flip top filler caps seem more prone to blocking the breather than the screw top hidden under a flap

i had problems with the bike grinding to a halt with no power, only twigged the fault when it hissed as i opened the fuel cap. The cap was not letting any air in to the tank… careful run round block with cap off i had no probshour in the ultrasonic tank and the amount of rust and white powder that came out of the cap was amazing!

Many tank breather blockages caused by polishing with Solvol Autosol, leave it mucky and let it run.G.

White powder, cor not arf

Well done had to be something simple I laughed when I sorted the funduro out.sold it to a mate cheep and its goin like a goodun

Totaly agree, never polish your bike, it is asking for trouble.

Update,
Balanced carbs, adjusted tickover and took it out this morning for about 40miles, seemed to be running very well, idled a bit high when stopped, got home put gauges on carbs and got it ticking over and pulling up rev range nicely, hopefully it’s done and dusted.

Thanks again to everybody that threw their bit in, much appreciated!!!
Cheers
Robert

It’s usually the way, that after fettling at home to get an idle, it idles higher after an actual ride, that’s because it’s warmed up more that way. So just turn down the throttle stops a bit 'til it’s right again, job’s a good’un.

You do have to get the bike good and warm 30 miles + then reset the throttle stops for tickover at 1200 rpm that way it will start ok and not be too high when hot… s’ wot i do and only need do it every few yrs once set up.