'Brake stuck on' warning signal

I’ve had this happen TWICE on my V100 and in both cases, my right foot was lightly on the foot brake lever. It has made me more aware of what my feet are doing while riding.

1 Like

I’ve had to learn to keep the ball of my right foot on the footrest not the arch, when riding the Ural. The pedal is large (it almost looks like a car pedal, complete with rubber non-slip pad), and despite that the travel is long, nevertheless it is possible to have the pads dragging the disc, if your foot is touching it, a few owners have done this and ended up with smoked pads and a blue disc! :astonished:

Recently I read that you are actually supposed to ride (any bike!) with the balls of the feet on both footrests, not the arches, only exception is when using the levers / pedals. I do this all the time now, it does actually feel more natural and comfortable, of course depends how the bike is configured.

I was wearing new boots and i fitted pivot pegs that swivel when the brake stuck on warning showed. ?
what would happen if you put the origional units back on?

I am always wary of changing things, in case it affects something beyond my comprehension !
ergo I stick with OEM stuff
I had a problem with gears hanging up when the breva was new
always on a cold day, cold engine
I stopped the machine and rocker it a few times to clear it, then tried again, eventually after the miles built up, it was never a problem again, but I do tend to use the gears a lot more than most people, and keep the engine spinning hard

and after seeing a broken brake lever, fitted to a workmates sports bike, cos it looked pretty ( EBay rubbish)
and the resultant damage to the rider I was even more wary
( the adjustable thingy for the lever sheared right off) trinkets !!
made from far eastern monkey metal

I drove a volvo lorry that got sold to the guys I was working for at the time. it took about 40 or 50 miles or so to get the gearbox properly warmed up and after that it was smooth as anything. the dealers who got it must never have driven it far enough to find out and decided it was a lemon lol I knew one of them and he told me it had a dodgy gearbox… nothing wrong with it, just felt a bit sticky cold :smiley:

1 Like

I had it happen to me but found it was me just resting my foot on the lever. Once I made sure my foot was not on the lever except when I needed to brake the problem went away. I have considered playing with the linkage to see if I can make it only react when the lever is pushed down further and just a gently depression isn’t recognised