Branch meetings map

Hello everyone, When looking at branch meetings, a map with locations would be of great benefit. I’m not sure who to approach on the subject-one may already exist-
Just a thought

1 Like

Something like this?

There’s also a ‘branch finder’ map in Gambalunga. It’s listed in the Index.

1 Like

There is one on the website that I set up a while ago. When I was the MGCGB Branch Liaison Officer I used to keep it updated, no that I no longer have the role I cannot be sure that it is up to date.

click here for the map

2 Likes

Barry beat me to it! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks barry…maybe it should be on the branch listing page…good to know one is available…however hidden it may be

Thanks Chris, the link is useful detailing the various venues…but, (always a but…:slightly_smiling_face:)…a map would make life easier to locate the closest meeting

1 Like

Be worth contacting James Walter, Kevin Gladstone or Chris Judd who are all part of the club’s web and forum development team.
Contact details in Gambalunga and on the club website.

There is a map, sign into the website and go to branches. Above the individual branch details and venue photos is the map. As I said above I am not sure how current is is because I stopped updating it in September 2022

If you cannot see the map, sign out and sign in again. It is there!

1 Like

Hmmm thanks chris possibly it is my lack of website experience…l cant see anything referring to a map…what icon am i looking for what dies it look like ?

It looks like this

How are you looking at the website? Not here in the forum but the website click here

You can zoom right in on the branch meeting places and see the exact location (as long as changes have been updated since I used to do it) and even get a street view of the venue as it is Google maps.

I have just tried my link in the post above and the map doesn’t show. That will be the weirdness that Barry was talking about. He has flagged it for the web team and hopefully it will be resolved soon. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The link works fine for me using Firefox on my laptop, tablet and on my phone.
The wonders of technology eh.

1 Like

I can see it in your message but have no udea how to find it on the website…selecting the branches group just lists the branches which is awkward to use as its not presented in sequence

Ah Chris ! Thank you !

Trev

It would appear that with some browsers/phones that it is not visible, as there is a glitch. Please would you let us know how you are trying to view the club’s website, on what device and with which browser?

Best wishes Chris

I use Firefox on my laptop, phone and tablet. It works fine on all three.

Hi Chris, I’m using a Galaxy tab A and an 02 browser

Trev, I have passed on your information to the gnomes who make this place function, so I am hopeful that we will have a result soon! :roll_eyes:

Still can’t find it…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just add a photograph of the map to the lovely pics on here…lol