Breva 750ie thread pitch question

Hello all
I bought a used rear rack for my bike and am having a little bit of a problem sourcing suitable bolts.
The two rearmost holes on the underside of the grab rail appear to be 10mm but not of a standard thread. I bought a couple of 1.25 threaded bolts, they don’t appear to fit either.
The standard threaded bolts lock solid almost as soon as they begin to screw in and the 1.25 threaded bolts screw in a little further, getting progressively tighter (don’t worry, I’m just using finger tips). Does anyone know what thread these bolts should have. A fixing kit from Hepco and Becker is going to cost c£25.

Thanks in advance

Theres metric coarse and metric fine, which has a different finer pitch depending on size :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I have noticed that there are three pitches listed for MF10. I took an impression of the thread using a tiny screwdriver with blu tack on it and it does look like 1.25 mm pitch, but, as that doesn’t seem to fit, I wondered if it was 1.0mm. It doesn’t look anything like 0.75mm and I’d be extremely surprised to see it used anyway.

1 Like

I would recommend buying a thread gauge to check the thread pitch, As you say, there are a few variations in metric threads. They’re not expensive. Ebay is full of bolt suppliers, measure your pitch and length and put it into a search, it will come up with plenty of suppliers.
Something like this

1 Like

Thank you very much. As you say, they are not expensive. I’d go further and say that they are ridiculously inexpensive.

1 Like

They are not expensive, I now have a stainless steel set that are only just over twice the price but my original set rusted. Always useful :+1:

1 Like

The M10 threads in the grab rail are M10x1.25 - I’ve just fitted some stainless M10x1.25 x 20 bolts to mount the carrier on mine.

Thank you. I did manage to get the bolts into mine eventually. They were just full of gunk, paint or something.